strut inside diameter

If your post does not fit under any of the other technical forums post it here
B101

strut inside diameter

Post by B101 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:58 am

hi guys,
just thought i would ask the question and see if anyone knows the inside diameter of the 240z F and R struts?
looking at getting the koni yellows with damper adjustments and from what i know ( not that much) the body diameter of the strut insert is 43.5mm - 1.71"
just wanting to know if it will fit into the standard 240z housing?? i cant find any figures on any forum on the net.

Also does anyone know if i will need diffrent gland nuts if i go with the konis? Trevor from Ground Control said that i will need these if i go with the Koni 8610-1437

thanks a bunch guys,
Brian

merlin

Post by merlin » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:12 pm

My Konis were 861881 I used the Koni gland nut and the internals of the shock needed mods as there were going on a 240 that was dropped by 1.25 inches.

B101

Post by B101 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:58 pm

merlin wrote:My Konis were 861881 I used the Koni gland nut and the internals of the shock needed mods as there were going on a 240 that was dropped by 1.25 inches.
What did you have todo to your strut tubes?
I can't find the koni shock you have listed. Do you know the diameter if the shock insert?

merlin

Post by merlin » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:46 pm

I did not have to do anything to the strut tubes. The shock itself was modified. I knew a guy who works at the agents (Stocks in Auckland ) and he did the whole lot for me. As they were a drop in fit, I did not need to know the dia so I never measured them

B101

Post by B101 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:47 pm

merlin wrote:I did not have to do anything to the strut tubes. The shock itself was modified. I knew a guy who works at the agents (Stocks in Auckland ) and he did the whole lot for me. As they were a drop in fit, I did not need to know the dia so I never measured them
Gotcha :wink: