Targa Rotorua 2013

Events that other clubs or organization have arranged.
Andy
Site Admin

Targa Rotorua 2013

Post by Andy » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:44 pm

Different format this year, event is run when there's more chance of good weather and racing starts on Friday afternoon and runs through to Sunday morning. More details to come closer to the event

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:30 pm

Competitor List here ---> http://targa.co.nz/data/media/documents ... ist%20.pdf Club well represented With Kevin Hilt, Alan Lewis and an army of support crew and navigators also associated with the club plus some club member competitors still to show as entered, my lips are sealed!

Our car is ready for action with a firmer suspension, new gearbox and lighter driver. Busy looking for 1kg here and there but the easiest 12kg to remove was wrapped around the drivers midriff. Still running 15" wheels, can't wait for Federal to produce a 16" performance tyre so we can get a wee bit more clearance around the stoppers and maybe get a wider tread.

bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:12 am

I like the lighter driver bit. That should help you go faster as well as the car.
Bernie Kant
Club President

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:20 pm

I see there is a 350 entered, this isn't the chap from the South Island in the silver one that's done it in the past is it?
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:11 pm

No it is a different person. Larry replaced his 350Z with a Porsche Cayman and he did the Tour in that last year.

So including my late Tour entry which hasn't shown up on the entry list yet, that makes 5 Zeds which is not a bad turn out. Still not too late to enter the Tour if any of you are thinking of it.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:49 pm

old_datto_fan wrote:No it is a different person. Larry replaced his 350Z with a Porsche Cayman and he did the Tour in that last year.
That's right, it was Larry I was thinking of. 8) 8) 8)

Really fantastic that there are 5 Zed teams! May you all do well.
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:26 pm

And there is now a 370Z in the Tour so that makes 6 Zeds. Still not too late to enter.

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:54 pm

Very even fields with "roughly" 20 in the tour, 20 in 4WD, 20 in 2wd modern and 20 in classic. I have just fitted a new air dam after destroying 2 in a row and finally caved in and streamlined the headlights. Its starting to look more pissed off than it was, just need the side exit pipes, machine guns out of the bumper and rocket launcher on the roof.

ZMAD

Post by ZMAD » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:59 pm

Roughian!
All Nissans are racecars.

old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:49 pm

Andy, congratulations on getting your photo in the latest Classic Car Targa preview - do you bribe these guys to keep printing your photo!
The orange Torana on the previous page belongs to a client of mine who showed me the magazine this morning - I had great delight in showing him the far superior Zed photo!

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Wed May 01, 2013 10:49 am

Yes I am regularly surprised and pleased at our inclusion, Its part of making the car stand out for our sponsors, we cannot do Targa without their assistance so we have to keep refreshing the look and hopefully this time we can make any videos a wee bit more spectacular as well! I am pretty sure the promoters realise I am permanently broke so they help with the publicity!

It comes down to the heritage of the S30 really i am sure, they are a "classic" and a beautiful shape.

Looking forward to the Rotorua Zed Festival!

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Wed May 08, 2013 11:36 am

Rotorua Weather for Saturday and Sunday looking large round and yellow. :-)