Low oil pressure problem HELP!

350Z
Initial Z

Post by Initial Z » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:13 pm

Possibly a faulty gauge? im not sure about the 350z but alot of older nissans oil pressure gauges are
somewhat unreliable. My R34 skylines gauge used to read realy low at random times,
but as i service everything myself i kno for sure that mechanicly everything is in check,
i now use an aftermarket item and it always reads in the correct range.
Z32 2+0 TT Project

DKNWSZX

Post by DKNWSZX » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:08 pm

Generally when an oil pressure sensor faults your oil pressure gauge will either read 0 pressure or completely off the scale on the high side.............????

It more than likely will not budge......? Yes/No........................?, However as soon as you turn the car on it will drop to 0 (or go way up) and stay there, again yes/no?

Are you 100% positive the correct amount of oil is in the engine if so the next step to erradicate the problem is to remove the oil pressure sensor and install mechanical oil pressure gauge. If the mechanical test gauge reads fine, then proceed with replacing the oil pressure sensor. If the test gauge reads low, it is more than likely your problem lies elsewhere...., 80-90% chance with the oil pump....?

People may correct me here if I'm wrong or missed something. If so please do
Good things are worth waiting for, but great things happen at once.