Targa Sprint Waiuku

Events that other clubs or organization have arranged.
Andy
Site Admin

Targa Sprint Waiuku

Post by Andy » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:10 am

No Bambina this year, multiple runs through the same stage at Waiuku. Come and support the Zed Racers, listen for the whistle of Allan Lewis's supercharged monster and we've finally got our machine to boogie
so come and make wagers on whether it will stay in one piece. We're running our sponsors through as navigators so listen for the screams.

http://targa.co.nz/data/media/documents ... 202013.pdf

Saturday 2nd of March from 9am
Entertainment, Food, Bouncy Castles, Car Clubs, a fun filled day for the whole
family. Come see the cars and meet the drivers at the service park
throughout the day.
Service Park Location:
Waiuku Rugby Club Rooms
34 King Street, Waiuku
The cars will be returning to this service park after each run. Vehicles will be
arriving from 8:30am. The special stage will be closed to the general public
from 9:15am-4:45pm.
Spectator Points:
The corner of Kohekohe-Kariotahi Road and Boundary Road.
The corner of Kohekohe-Kariotahi Road and Kaihau Road.
(As indicated on the above map)
Note: If access is required into the stage it will have to be prior to road closure

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:04 am

May you go well! :twisted: If possible if you have another of these smaller events let us know a bit earlier, would have liked to have come along to cheer on our Zeds, oh and to see all the other cars. :D
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:00 am

Bummer lots to do today, will try for later today.
Bernie Kant
Club President

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:09 pm

Yes publicity is a bit low from the Targa promoters, I actually did list it earlier but it disappeared for some reason! Anyway we had a great day, completed a full 180 deg pirouette and a bank climb on the third run through. Good test for Rotorua to come, the car is finally on song and is now converting all the fuel into instant and responsive power, still needs some steering and suspension work and we need to close the gaps up on the gearbox but car felt very stable, probably just a little light at the back. We gained third place in category and could have possibly done a little better if we didn't treat it as a sponsors day and had taken a service crew, we had a different co driver for every run and I was the service crew! Very heartening to see our cumulative time took us well up the leader board, so if it had been run as a multi stage event we may have finally cracked a first place.

Great day for spectators with a number of competitors testing the frictional coefficient of their painted surfaces against both tarmac and grass at spectator points, I think the conclusions were obvious, turns out both RS4 Audis and BMW Minis perform much better on their wheels.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:00 pm

Andy wrote:Anyway we had a great day, completed a full 180 deg pirouette and a bank climb on the third run through.
Well done. Think this needs a bit info.
Andy wrote:turns out both RS4 Audis and BMW Minis perform much better on their wheels.
Hope they weren't too badly damaged.
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:25 pm

I'm sure both cars will be back and no injuries. Thankfully our indiscretion occurred as we passed an apex and still had enough room to rotate and gently climb a bank with the back right wheel and bend a mudflap, in another environment it would be considered precision parking or showing off, but it was definitely not intentional. Sufficient to break the boredom of spectators waiting for the next piece of European Carnage to occur. I had a sponsor with me not a family member so he got extra value.