Zed fever - take 3

New to the site? Say hello here!
Seats42

Zed fever - take 3

Post by Seats42 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:13 pm

Hi all,

Have recently bought a very early 260 2 seater that's in need of a lot of tlc and parts to get her back on the road - it's not going to be an overnight project, but all good things take time.

Have spent the last 10 years lamenting the sale of my old 74 Fairlady 2str and 240z, but the overseas experience got a bit protracted and with storage and tin worm being ongoing issues, they had to go - so I keep telling myself.

The Alfa 156 gta I brought back from the uk was great fun, but not enough to cure me of the zed disease.

Remember some good times with the zed club about 15+ years ago - fun at Baypark and Taupo :) Looking forward to more of that in the years ahead.

Seats42

nustad
Z Club Member

Post by nustad » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:17 pm

Welcome back!

Look forward to updates on your car and of course pictures would be great to see!

Have you still got your GTA? Cool engine. Recently sold our 156 v6 - was getting a bit worn out but that engine sound will be missed!
72 240z plus bits

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:25 pm

Welcome to the forum. Post up a photo of your 260.
Seats42 wrote:but not enough to cure me of the zed disease.

Remember some good times with the zed club about 15+ years ago - fun at Baypark and Taupo :) Looking forward to more of that in the years ahead.
Pity you missed yesterday's Taupo track day (and weekend). Bound to still be many people in the club that you would remember. Z lifers. :P 8)
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

Seats42

Post by Seats42 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:24 pm

Thanks for the welcome, guys.
nustad wrote:Welcome back!

Look forward to updates on your car and of course pictures would be great to see!

Have you still got your GTA? Cool engine. Recently sold our 156 v6 - was getting a bit worn out but that engine sound will be missed!
I'll put some pics up once I've made some progress...right now it's too ugly!

The GTA was sold 2 months ago. It was a special car which I'll miss for a lot of reasons. But I won't miss things like $3k cambelt changes :shock:

Seats42

Post by Seats42 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:27 pm

BRONZEE wrote:Pity you missed yesterday's Taupo track day (and weekend). Bound to still be many people in the club that you would remember. Z lifers. :P 8)
Damn, I would have rearranged our BOP holiday had I known that - wouldn't have done the marriage much good though...

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:48 pm

Seats42 wrote:I'll put some pics up once I've made some progress...right now it's too ugly!
We don't mind seeing before pics, it just gives so much satisfaction for you and really exciting for us to see another Z resurrected to it's former glory.

Seats42 wrote:
BRONZEE wrote:Pity you missed yesterday's Taupo track day (and weekend). Bound to still be many people in the club that you would remember. Z lifers. :P 8)
Damn, I would have rearranged our BOP holiday had I known that - wouldn't have done the marriage much good though...
That is a pity. It such a social weekend your good lady (both good ladies) might have enjoyed the weekend anyway. 8)
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.