98 Octane in Christchurch

If your post does not fit under any of the other technical forums post it here
netrover

98 Octane in Christchurch

Post by netrover » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:13 am

BP is the only supplier of 98 in Christchurch, as far as I know. I only use 98 in the Zed, and also the VR4 Legnum.

I have heard that 3 BP's have removed their 98 pumps, replacing them with 95 pumps - Halswell, RIccarton and Sockburn. Has anyone heard of any others doing this? Hoonhay still has its 98 pumps and apparently are not looking to remove them. Drove through Halswell yesterday only to see yellow 95 pumps.

The other BP's I use infrequently are Edgeware and Woodham Road - do these still have their 98 pumps?

Perish the thought, but if all 98 disappeared from Christchurch, what are the options?
35th Anniversary Ultra Yellow 350Z

djz

Post by djz » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:16 am

Yeap, looks like on http://www.bpfinder.co.nz the only ones that have 98 now are :

Rolleston
Fendalton
Hoonhay
Papanui
Edgeware
Mairehau
Dallington (the closest BP to me, yay!)
Redcliffs

Hopefully these stations keep it, it's a bit odd that they'd get rid of 98 from the one on Main South Road, that's probably the closest one to Ruapuna? In the North Island Mobil have 98 octane and possibly Gull as well, but that might have ethanol in it.
Nissan 280ZX 2 seater RB26 powered.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:30 am

Why don't you send a letter or get a group together to send group letter to BP asking them to keep 98 at least a few stations.
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

kirihi
Z Club Member

Post by kirihi » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:55 pm

Hey guys - I sent an email to BP NZ earlier this week to have a bit of a gripe about this. As you know I work in Wigram and, living up in Nth Canty, I occasionally bring the Z in to work to fill up at the Sockburn BP. I was highly p***ed off when I took the car in to work last Saturday to fill up, to find that 98 was gone. Now I've got to go out of my way; wasting gas driving through Chch! The chick at the Sockburn BP asid they've been loosing heaps of customers 'cause of the removal of 98.

This is the reply I got:
"Thank you for contacting BP.

BP Ultimate 98 is a very popular product with our customers and we have taken a proactive approach to ensure we can continue to keep supplying to our customer where we can. We have selected 13 sites nationwide where BP Ultimate 98 will be removed and replaced with Premium 95. This will be a permanent arrangement.

BP has insufficient supply to meet current forecast demands and action had to be taken in order to prevent a nationwide stock out.

The BP website will be updated as soon as possible with relevant information. In the meantime, please find attached a listing of BP Service Stations that will continue to stock Ultimate 98." (stations listed in DJZ's post)

Dave, at NZEFI, gave the same reason (short supply), but he reckons it will be sorted soon - here's hoping...

netrover

Post by netrover » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:06 am

kirihi wrote:Dave, at NZEFI, gave the same reason (short supply), but he reckons it will be sorted soon - here's hoping...
Good that there will still be 98 available. Will need to plan my refueling stops with a little more forethought now.
35th Anniversary Ultra Yellow 350Z