Engine conversions

If your post does not fit under any of the other technical forums post it here
limezed

Post by limezed » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:54 pm

Stick with a six (+). The audio track is a big part of the pleasure.

nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:16 pm

limezed wrote:Stick with a six (+). The audio track is a big part of the pleasure.
yep nothing wrong with a L28 and triples.

How much power do you want? What is the plan for the car? How much is your budget? Do you have any must haves? IE efi, turbo etc

ryandaum

Post by ryandaum » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:28 pm

I know the SR engines very well and would be the easiest for me to work with. EFI is a must, turbo is a want not a need.I have turbod a friends silvia on a standard engine making 214rwkw and it has taken over 30000km of abuse so I think this will be the go. However it will honestly depend on whats available when I come to do it.

disruptiv

Post by disruptiv » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:24 pm

RB30DE mayby with ITBs

kiwi303

Post by kiwi303 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:16 am

Plenty out there to fit. I suppose you have checked the project threads on http://forums.hybridz.org ?

Don't forget if you add GO, you also need lots of WHOA.

I'm actually thinking of selling my '79 280ZX and collection of bits to free up some cash in a hurry. Back from China and penniless just now after the private school went bankupt owing me my pay and not delivering, then visa issues.

You want a '79 project with 17x7 rims, twin pipes, 302 cleveland block and crank with 2V closed chamber heads and engine mounts? :P Just up the Nelson Lakes, not far from Blenheim :D

ryandaum

Post by ryandaum » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:46 pm

I havent spent a lot of time on hybridz sadly, the forum lay out blows my mind.

Not looking for another project sadly haha thanks though. Luckily just moved back to Auckland too..