Christchurch Air Force Museum Tour & Cruise

Ideas, past and coming events
BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Re: Christchurch run

Post by BRONZEE » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:32 pm

netrover wrote:Stood on the brakes and leaned on the horn - there was millimeters in it!
Those precious millimetres!!! At least it wasn't a contact incident!

So cool to see the Alexandra Zeds all heading up to Christchurch for this meet!! :D Swwnz mentioned having a meet in their neck of the woods, but won't confuse this thread, happy organising guys. 8)
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

Jabo

Post by Jabo » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:45 pm

I will try to pop down to Wigram to say hi and have a drool I probably wont follow on to Akaroa tho I currently don't have any rego or a wof and I don't see myself having time to sort it this week

85_z31

Post by 85_z31 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:29 pm

Sorry guys I need to pull out, my R200 has started making a death howl and I'm not prepared to risk shrapnel through my Nismo LSD
1985 Z31 Slicktop Turbo

kirihi
Z Club Member

Post by kirihi » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:01 am

85_z31 wrote:Sorry guys I need to pull out, my R200 has started making a death howl and I'm not prepared to risk shrapnel through my Nismo LSD
All good - maybe next time. Good luck with that!

toycollector10

Post by toycollector10 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:37 pm

I'm not a club member but would like to come along. I'd like to do the Museum tour and I think the idea for lunch at Little River is a very good one. I do the Akaroa run with the Classic Japanese Motorcycle Group about twice a year and that's what we do. Then we could re-group for coffee at Akaroa. This is a nice place at the North end of Beach Road called Bully Hayes Restaurant and Bar. Its just a suggestion to get the ball rolling if anyone has another idea.
Attachments
download.jpg
download.jpg (10.92 KiB) Viewed 2161 times

kirihi
Z Club Member

Post by kirihi » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:44 pm

toycollector10 wrote:I'm not a club member but would like to come along. I'd like to do the Museum tour and I think the idea for lunch at Little River is a very good one. I do the Akaroa run with the Classic Japanese Motorcycle Group about twice a year and that's what we do. Then we could re-group for coffee at Akaroa. This is a nice place at the North end of Beach Road called Bully Hayes Restaurant and Bar. Its just a suggestion to get the ball rolling if anyone has another idea.
Hi there,

the more the merrier (or, Zeddier?). See you on Sunday.

Cheers,
Chris

85_z31

Post by 85_z31 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:25 pm

kirihi wrote:
85_z31 wrote:Sorry guys I need to pull out, my R200 has started making a death howl and I'm not prepared to risk shrapnel through my Nismo LSD
All good - maybe next time. Good luck with that!
I'm really gutted, have been looking forward to this for ages, DJZ has sorted me another diff but I won't be ready in time.

You guys have fun on Sunday and get some photos yeah ?
1985 Z31 Slicktop Turbo

kirihi
Z Club Member

Post by kirihi » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:28 am

85_z31 wrote:
kirihi wrote:
85_z31 wrote:
You guys have fun on Sunday and get some photos yeah ?
Will do, cheers. Bound to be a photo or two goin' on.

us2
Z Club Member
Location: Weymouth by the sea.Auckland.Don't dream it ,be there

Post by us2 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:31 am

This is cool. I remember stopping at Little River cafe when we were down south three years ago. It is a very enjoyable drive to beautiful Akaroa. 8)

Have fun you lucky people. and lots of pictures please. :lol: One of the Little River cafe would bring back memories, or how's about one with the cars in front of the hotel at Duvauchelle.
Last edited by us2 on Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
!972 240z
Retirement is great. Growing old sucks.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:39 am

Have a great time and take lots of pics for us!!! :D :D
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

netrover

Post by netrover » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:34 am

us2 wrote:Have fun you lucky people. and lots of pictures please. :lol: One of the Little River cafe would bring back memories, or how's about one with the cars in front of the hotel at Duvauchelle.
I think the Duvauchelle hotel has been demolished, or maybe just part of it - earthquake damage. Guess we will find out tomorrow!

Hope the weather improves - southerly with rain today, supposed to be clearing for tomorrow, but remaining cool.
35th Anniversary Ultra Yellow 350Z

toycollector10

Post by toycollector10 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:32 pm

Alas, no more.
Attachments
Nov2008 012.jpg
Nov2008 012.jpg (471.68 KiB) Viewed 2108 times

us2
Z Club Member
Location: Weymouth by the sea.Auckland.Don't dream it ,be there

Post by us2 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:50 pm

Thank you Mr collector. Very nice old building, and just as I remember.
!972 240z
Retirement is great. Growing old sucks.

kirihi
Z Club Member

Post by kirihi » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:58 am

:-) The day has dawned, fine and clear. Shame the weather was so crap yesterday for those coming up/down for the meet. I even fed my OCD yesterday and applied a coat of wax just in case it was raining today.

The trouble and strife has opted to stay at home in the garden. She sees enough of my work place and, although she does like cars, she'd rather be in the garden than talking cars and aircraft all day! All good; my best mate Scott has grabbed the one spare seat and I'll happily let him share the joy of driving!

djz

Post by djz » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:43 pm

Thanks for a great day guys. Nice to meet some new people and the Air Force museum special tour was great.
Nissan 280ZX 2 seater RB26 powered.