Waikato Backroad Bash & FIREPOT CAFE lunch

Ideas, past and coming events
Z Club
Committee Member

Post by Z Club » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:26 pm

The lunch venue has been changed for this run. Apologies to anyone wanting
do to the 'Tea Party" but we had a few difficulties making it work for a large
group.
Please refer to first post regarding new lunch venue. Firepot Cafe Gordonton.

mungyz

Post by mungyz » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:07 pm

Seeing as it's my back yard it would be rude not to :)

big sam

Post by big sam » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:51 pm

sorry im going to have to not do this one. i have a suspected blown head gasket.

Z Club
Committee Member

Post by Z Club » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:43 am

There is heavy rain forecast for Saturday, but this event will still take place.

There are a few questions to answer along the way, but you won't need to get out of your car.

If you don't intend to come on the event, can you please UNREGISTER, so we can make a final booking for lunch.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:10 am

Z Club wrote:
If you don't intend to come on the event, can you please UNREGISTER, so we can make a final booking for lunch.
nd4spd, last time he/she registered for an event was a no show, so he/she may or may show.
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

Jibber

Post by Jibber » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:24 am

Hey guys - really going to try to get to this one, however a combination of a leaky Z, dodgy weather and my normally reliable work car in the shop DEAD may call us as a no show too - I'll know more tonight when I know whether or not the VW is running again. Will unregister if we can't.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:27 am

Jibber wrote:Hey guys - really going to try to get to this one, however a combination of a leaky Z, dodgy weather and my normally reliable work car in the shop DEAD may call us as a no show too - I'll know more tonight when I know whether or not the VW is running again. Will unregister if we can't.
Bring the daily driver. :wink:

Bernjean/Us2, ZRally + 2 are trying to make it along, he will register tonight if they can make it. 8)
Next - Z Club events:

Jibber

Post by Jibber » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:37 am

unfortunately i'm going to need to pull out guys. The dd is still in the shop with a fuel issue, and i'll likely driwn in the Z! Have a great day, sorry guys, been looking firward to this one too!

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:05 pm

Thank you very much to Bernjean and Us2 for organising today!! Despite the somewhat invigorating weather, howling winds pushing against the cars, sheet rain so that you couldn't see the road in front of you at times, :lol: the roads were BRILLIANT!!! Go the Targa stages!!! :twisted: :twisted: :D :D 8) 8) The lunch spot, Firefox was great, cheap and really lovely food!!!

Fantastic that so many braved the elements today, 20 people, those of you couldn't make it really missed out. :(

Really interesting heading along to Zealong after Z photos, of course. :D Lovely venue to be visited at a later stage.

Thank you for the prize! No co-pilot needed or harmed in the making of this rally. :lol:

Thanks again for organising!! 8) :lol:
Next - Z Club events:

agecage
Z Club Member

Post by agecage » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:18 pm

got some photos of my phone.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:46 am

It was certainly a colourful club outing, 8) just Ourzx sporting a darker tone of Z. 8)
Next - Z Club events:

bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:26 pm

Nice photos age was a great run, nice roads. Pity the weather was not better, thourghly enjoyed it my thanks to those who participated.
Bernie Kant
Club President

us2
Z Club Member
Location: Weymouth by the sea.Auckland.Don't dream it ,be there

Post by us2 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:46 am

Agreed. Good roads, which we should get into more fully some other time.

Shame about the weather though, but at least the Zed didn't leak. :lol:
!972 240z
Retirement is great. Growing old sucks.

Jibber

Post by Jibber » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:02 pm

The weather looked way better than what we were getting at home. I was concerned I may have drowned in the Z!

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:19 pm

Jibber wrote:The weather looked way better than what we were getting at home. I was concerned I may have drowned in the Z!
It was absolutely shocking when we were doing the rally!! Howling gale, sheet rain making it hard to see where we were going, branches dropping off trees! :shock: :shock: The photos were later on when the weather had cleared a bit. Phew!
Next - Z Club events: