350Z Coil Pack

350Z
old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

350Z Coil Pack

Post by old_datto_fan » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:52 pm

I need to replace at least one of the coil packs in my 2001 Stagea with VQ25DET - coil pack is the same as for 03 to 07 350Z. Has anyone found a good alternative source of these other than through Nissan who only have (had) one in stock?

Buster

Post by Buster » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:44 pm

ebay?

old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:07 pm

I managed to get the part number and with a few minutes searching found a number of sources in the USA. You can get genuine ones from $US67 upwards which makes the NZ price seem horrendously expensive and hard to justify. But I also found some aftermarket ones at US$22 each. I have ordered a set of 6 on the basis that it's not too much money if they are all rubbish. Landed cost for the set will be about NZ$220 - less than just one from Nissan here. Will advise once they have arrived and been fitted.

And in case you are wondering, I now have 240,000 kms on the Stagea so it is likely that not too many local VQ engined cars have got to that mileage. Could be something you all have to look forward to once your cars get to the higher kms.

NOSFEDZ32

Post by NOSFEDZ32 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:10 pm

yeah Tridon are to good either with pricing.

you can get 6 splitfire DI coils for around NZD $650 landed(Granted if they are the same price as the RB/VG coils) via www.NENGUN.com

part number SF-DIS-101
A few projects on the go....