Mini car club economy run

Ideas, past and coming events
Z Club
Committee Member

Mini car club economy run

Post by Z Club » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:32 pm

When : Sunday 10 December Time Arrive 1 pm first car away 1.30 pm

Where : Crown Hockey Stadium , Paul Mathews Drive ,Albany

What : Mini car club annual economy run. This is a fun event where you can check out your cars fuel milage at the same
time.

Things to bring : Pen , clipboard and a full tank. If its a fine day you may wish to pack your togs and towel for a swim at
the finish
Last edited by Z Club on Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:41 am, edited 3 times in total.

240z
Z Club Member

Post by 240z » Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:12 pm

Count me in bet I can use the most gas.

240z
Z Club Member

Post by 240z » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:16 pm

Thanks again to the Mini Club for inviting the Z Club along to there economy run, Once again very well run and heaps of fun.

With some excellent navigation skills we held our own in the trial part of the event, But the 240 likes fuel and lots of it. 5km/per litre ( 14mpg ) wasnt going to cut it with the winning mini doing 21km/per litre ( 59mpg )

A great day had by all look forward to next years run , With a few more modifications to the car and a different driving style Im sure I can get under 10 mpg. :lol:

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:15 pm

Pardon my very average photography skills today & only 2 picys & somehow missed the 240z. :shock: :lol:

Was a fun trial, and very well organised, and wow, some of those little mini's can motor & a few in very good condition.
We even ran into the Silvia Club at Wenderholm our destination, so of course had to go check their cars out. :lol: 8)

Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

M4vr1k

Post by M4vr1k » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:32 pm

BRONZEE wrote:P
We even ran into the Silvia Club at Wenderholm our destination, so of course had to go check their cars out.
Ha, i was with the silvia club, saw the 240z, went to see if there were any other Z cars there, but couldnt find any
[M4VR1K]
1974 Datsun 260z 2+2

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:48 pm

M4vr1k wrote:
BRONZEE wrote:P
We even ran into the Silvia Club at Wenderholm our destination, so of course had to go check their cars out.
Ha, i was with the silvia club, saw the 240z, went to see if there were any other Z cars there, but couldnt find any
Funny. Bit of a pity was just the one lone zed.

So which Silvia were you in? I went over to have a noisy and say hi to one of our 300zx drivers club guys as well, white 200, with white rims. :wink:
Next - Z Club events:

M4vr1k

Post by M4vr1k » Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:49 pm

I was in the dark blue S13, may not have noticed my car.....it doesnt really stand out amongst all those fine examples of Silvias....
Was meant to be there in my Zed, but couldnt get it going in time
[M4VR1K]
1974 Datsun 260z 2+2

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:52 am

I didn't hang around too long as they were about to do tell us who won the Mini economy trial, not the 240z of course, was a guy who'd driven all the way from Taupo in his Mini who last year as well.

Would have liked to have had time to check out the Silvia's a bit more. Yes, I did see your S13. Before my 350 I had a 200sx-S15-Spec R, quite miss that car as well. :( Still really love the Silvia's.
Next - Z Club events:

M4vr1k

Post by M4vr1k » Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:27 pm

Its a fun car, thats for sure....need to get rid of the understeer though, its pretty bad for an RWD car!
Im looking forward to getting my Zed back on the road...i will be in contention for having the worst fuel economy!
[M4VR1K]
1974 Datsun 260z 2+2