Hi

New to the site? Say hello here!
projects

Post by projects » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 am

up date from the weekend saturday was spent crunching some numbers and measurements on the adaptor plate to mill off the bell housing to get the input shaft in the spigot bush. then tidied up the rear end removing everything for paint soon.

Sunday afternoon pulling the glass out on my own.... went well, snapped the piano string a few times. but very easy shit to be done. hardest bit was the tight corners on the rear quarter windows.

here's some shots of the car. hopefully go to Mike sinco or action dan pretty soon for cage and manifold.

I've decided on a all black car with red graphics. and red anodized rota wheels 18x10 in front and 18x12 in the rear. current wheels are just for rolling body.

Also had our race suits made and imported.
selling 4 brand new 215/35/r18 nankang NS2 directions if anyone looking for tyres.

projects

Post by projects » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:14 pm

i know this isn't really the place to be asking people these questions as i'm not a paid member. but im wondering if anyone has a auto Z33 shaft lying around? or crash a 350z. really only need a yoke. so the carbon shaft can be smashed as thats all i really want.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:09 pm

Made a few inquiries for you, first crowd to try is:

A1 Distmantlers in Invercargill - 03-218-7149

or failing that

Nissan King in Hamilton - 0800-367-647
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

projects

Post by projects » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:11 pm

Thanks for that. yeah i've tried then both. went to nissan king yesterday.

A1 were $500+GST bit expensive when i just need the yoke.

Nissan King $595 +GST but cause the shaft had been in stock for 780+ days the offered it to me for $395 incl GST.

another price i got was from a VQ35 G35 Skyline at $195 incl im just unsure if the auto trans for them is the same as the 350z. i know the Y33 gloria used a different trans but unsure about the G35.

At the moment thats all i've got.

Thanks for the help though. i'm kinda hoping someone has one where the carbon shaft has smashed.... sad to hope for but would be helpful. haha

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:18 pm

Don't forget to try my suggestions in the UK. He's very helpful, and it's possible he may have the bit you're after without having to buy the whole unit. If he does, may still be cheaper, even with freight.

Also try my suggestions in the States.

ps. I've asked a few people today, no 350 wrecks around currently.
Next - Z Club events:

projects

Post by projects » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:27 pm

well i picked up my gearbox in the weekend from Tauranga and tonight i wanted to pull the gear box apart and take it to get 10-12mm milled off the face. I had some issues with pulling the bell housing off, turned out i had just forgotten to undo a hidden bolt.

to see the big gears up close and how the box works, pretty exciting!

and now they're sitting under gearbox oil soaked rags for the night. and i'll hopefully get it all back together tomorrow, and make this adapter plate this week hopefully.

I also cleaned all the glue from the window jambs with a sharp chizel and worked a treat. tidied up the inside of the car car tools and rubbish was building up.

projects

Post by projects » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:07 pm

anyone know where i can find a 350z slave cylinder?? $130+GST out of japan doesnt sound like fun... dam new stuff!

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:19 pm

Same place the boys over in the UK suggested. :wink:
Next - Z Club events:

projects

Post by projects » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:22 am

Stoked its finally a 6 speed RB26!! Sorry been awhile since an update

saturday i got my plate, but had to drill and tap all the holes to end up with this

sunday started getting into it after lunch with my cousin, milled the extra holes and widened some to make them work, tested it, things werent looking good, and chamfers weren't steep enough. tested it all made note of what needed doing, + what needed doing to the gearbox. one positive from the first test was the starter motor position was perfect and engaging the flywheel. and the fly wheel circle cleared it.

went back to cousins work and milled some more things and i started grinding out the gear box to suit the starter clearance. couple chamfers still were tiny bit out so i ground the head flat on the counter sunk bolt, and had to also scallop the edge out to suit a stud for the gear box.

enough talk and time for pictures. *thumbup*

to excited to put the box on and forgot to take a photo of how much i took out to clear starter motor. i also tested it and the starter work perfect still. im pretty stoked been a tough frustrating weekend on this. so there it is a Z33 gearbox behind the RB26

still need a yoke and slave cylinder still :(

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:47 am

projects wrote:so there it is a Z33 gearbox behind the RB26

still need a yoke and slave cylinder still :(
Where did you end up getting the gearbox from? Looks quite tidy.

Alex I think had the yoke and probably anything else you needed Z33, and our dollar is quite strong currently. Maybe not the price you wanted to pay.
Next - Z Club events:

projects

Post by projects » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:56 am

i got the gearbox from a guy in TGA that had a couple. very good condition, oil was clean inside still. no damage to any of the gears, syncro's still looked good.

i had been in touch with him. and yeah his prices were still high once you added shipping.

projects

Post by projects » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:49 am

ok was just a tidy up today, car was pretty messy inside with filings, dirt, pieces of wood and nuts and bolts, and random stuff. has had a vacuum in there as well. also measured where the shifter is going to come through the tunnel. it worked out cause my seat is back and down also. I then went to work in pulling the head off got it stripped to this stage to find the head bolts are 10mm allen key bolts. And my allen key wasnt long enough to get the short end in there, but the ball on the long end would reach..... and with a 10mm long neck socket and extension on the other end i started to push. but it wasnt going to budge and didnt want to share the ball off in the allen key and there's 14 of them.

So that was stopped and i thought i'd lower the drivers seat a bit more so its level with passengers seat. some pictures cause pictures make a post so much better.

You pretty much have to be at least 6 foot to even get the clutch pedal down. Car not built for short people to drive.... :lol:
Thats where the shifter will sit.
Lucky the block sits 30mm off the firewall or this gearbox would not of worked.
sits a bit lower than the rails. oh well.
as far as i got before putting a cam covers back on.