Hi

New to the site? Say hello here!
Lee

Hi

Post by Lee » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:27 pm

New to this site but a long time Z fan, have owned several 240Z's (nut and bolt restoration on the last one) started with a 72, then picked up a 70 (vin #117 - non original) then the last car, also a 1970 (vin#306 - matching numbers)

Interested in many classic cars and try to add to my collection when the wife allows.

Currently have a 88 Lotus Esprit Turbo & 300zx 25th Anniversary Model (Steve Millen)

Recently sold my Zed (wish I hadn't ) and a mint unrestored RA28 Celica (regretted it the minute it left the driveway)

Anyway looking for another original Z, early if possible (and don't mind a bit of work)

Cheers

Lee

nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:59 pm

Welcome Lee,

I used to own HS30-00016 which is now living in NSW Australia with the guy I sold it to. There have been a few early girls for sale in Oz over the last 12 months. Some good some not so good. carsales.com.au had a few.

S30z are bit like that - they get under your skin and if you sell, you wish you did not, then you look for another.

Cheers
Mike

PS HS30-00016 has some items with 69 manufacture dates on it others with 70 - I think it is believed that RHD early versions were started in 69 but not complete until the L24 crank issues were resolved - Fairlady Z with the L20a and S20 engines (aka Z432) were getting produced as were the US Spec LHD 240z (with the crank issues but the demand was there so I guess Nissan just took the risk with that market that the cranks would be ok)

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:34 am

Welcome to the forum, and good luck finding a suitable Z. 8)
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.