My Z

New to the site? Say hello here!
240znz

Post by 240znz » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:17 pm

Yep, that's a hot lookin zed you got there. Welcome to the club.
Zed NOT Zee

12/70 HS30-00352
1973 240Z rust car

mike bracken

Post by mike bracken » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:26 pm

Hi guys and girls,
just joined the club today, gidday to all, i got a silver Z like this one and want to dress it up a bit, with some really nice wheels etc, I like the toyo's and have them on another Z we got, they are great dry/wet tyres. If some one can give me some advice on what mags i should put on please comment. I do not want to overdress my Z but want wheels that fill the wheel arches and are flush with the guards.
Not too fussed about the cost as this will be one of the few mod's i make to this car. Not in to body kits, i like the way they come.
PS I just clicked my Z over the 8K on the speedo this weekend, its a nice one,and yeap does drive a new car, abeit a 2004 model.
cheers Mike and Kirsten

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:11 pm

mike bracken wrote:Hi guys and girls,
just joined the club today, gidday to all, i got a silver Z like this one and want to dress it up a bit, with some really nice wheels etc, I like the toyo's and have them on another Z we got, they are great dry/wet tyres. If some one can give me some advice on what mags i should put on please comment. I do not want to overdress my Z but want wheels that fill the wheel arches and are flush with the guards.
Not too fussed about the cost as this will be one of the few mod's i make to this car. Not in to body kits, i like the way they come.
PS I just clicked my Z over the 8K on the speedo this weekend, its a nice one,and yeap does drive a new car, abeit a 2004 model.
cheers Mike and Kirsten
Welcome to the forum. 8)
Wow, that must be an import on with such low mileage on it!!!
In terms of wheels, have a look on www.350z-uk.com & www.my350z.com (in the Colours subforum on both of them) to get an idea of a look you are going for. Presuming it still has the stock wheels on it? Your stud pattern is 114.3.
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

schift

Post by schift » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:00 pm

mike bracken wrote:Hi guys and girls,
cheers Mike and Kirsten
Welcome Mike,

http://www.wheeldude.com has a great selection of wheels for the Z at a reasonable price. It'll cost you about US$400 to ship them here + NZ$150 in import duties/taxes.

If cost isn't an concern, I'd suggest looking at some Rays/Volks

As for sizing, you wont want to look at anything under 9" inches in width for the front and 10" in the rear with an offset of around +20. Then again, it's all personal preference. As BRONZEE mentioned, check out those websites, there are tonnes of pictures with different wheel setups.
2002 Nissan Fairlady Z