2011 Targa Bambina

Events that other clubs or organization have arranged.
Pest

2011 Targa Bambina

Post by Pest » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:48 am

March 12-13 2011

See www.targa.co.nz for full details

kevs zeds

Post by kevs zeds » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:56 am

Hi fellow zeders we have just compleated the targa tour last weekend in (Scarface)
our 89 zed 32tt auto.
Second tour for this car & with a new tour leader the pace was
hell of a fast.
Our leader car was a mazda 3 turbo Kindly suplyed buy Mazda & on
s/s 14 it went zoom zoom boom with a blowen turbo oops.
We were not on the pace at all with serious brake fade at first & a rather
nasty mishap in our class to renind us of where we stand in the world!!!
Scarface is a quick car but suffered with intercooler heat sink mid stage
and was noticably slower also driver (Kev) treading carefully .
I left my old set of rears on for the weekend as i am keen on the odd skid
for the crowd legally (Last year i got told of by ofichals for missing
one out )ha ha bit of a change!
We had zed weighed at Whitianga & at 1815kgs & 550 heavyer than
one porsche with us (which caught fire at Waihi with v little damage)
We finaly go the chance to run with Fellow zed club member in the gorgess
Samuri was great & a v quick 240 & gerat driver onya Mike & Adam wahooo.
Its a great event I recomend it we had some fantastic stages including
the sh 25 over the Coromandel rangers any of you familler with
this road know what i mean dang its awesome!!!
Would be great to have more zeds there .
Cheers. Kev&sue
Attachments
Copy of DSC08282.JPG
Copy of DSC08282.JPG (146.73 KiB) Viewed 2076 times

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:36 pm

Was going to ask how Bambina went. 8) Sounds like the usual eventful Targa. :shock:
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

kevs zeds

Post by kevs zeds » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:35 pm

Hi Imey yea a bit of a horror show in parts & some amasing stages as well.
A hell of a lot of driving but great fun to.

old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:02 pm

Can't agree more with Kev, this is a great fun event Z drivers and in the Tour you only need to go as fast as you are comfortable with and there is no pressure to keep up with anyone. Great bunch of people and very sociable.

I even managed to hang on to the tail of the Lamborghini Gallardo for the first half of a stage until he snuck off on a couple of longer straights! But if you wanted to go a bit slower then the Jag XJS and the Austin Healey Sprite (admittedly with a Toyota motor) set good speeds that any reasonably driven Z should be able to keep up with. All you really need as far as car prep goes is some good brake pads as the brakes can get a bit of a work out plus you need tyres in good condition. And these can be acquired cheaply as Kev does for the princely sum of $67 per second hand tyre . I ran my Toyo R888s to see how they went on seal roads and what a difference to normal road tyres - even hung on quite well in the two wet stages on Sunday morning. Unfortunately I didn't measure the tread depth before I left as they are certainly more worn now!

In our case we drove from Paraparaumu to Auckland, did the event and drove home with no car maintenance required apart from a small amount of oil and lots of petrol! Had heaps of fun with not even one close call which proves you can still enjoy your self without taking risks.

And great to see Allan's Targa Z feature on the programme plus achieve a fine result of 6th Classic and 3rd in class. And also great to catch-up with the Z Club members helping to run the event - without you guys there wouldn't be an event so thanks heaps.

z33_boy

Post by z33_boy » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:31 pm

When is the next one of these targas? If petrol has come down by the next one I would be very keen!
My other A to B is a Z

kevs zeds

Post by kevs zeds » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:44 pm

Hi there yea Rotarua in june me thinks . Have uesed 400.00 bucks this weekend. plus entry & motel .
Its a heap of dough but too bad!!!! its so much fun be great to have more zeds.

holden_fan2005

Post by holden_fan2005 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:09 pm

Agreed, another awesome event!! We were lucky to time all of the sunny stages too!!

Hope to be cruising with you guys in the tour in a year or two :D Although timing is a load of fun!!

old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:59 pm

Rotorua is Sat/Sun 4th/5th June. There is even going to be a 70+km long stage which will be a load of fun although tiring on the arm muscles for those of us with no power steering.

And I wish my fuel bill was as low as Kevs but then I did have to travel from Paraparaumu to Auckland and back so my guess is that our fuel usage would have been about the same on the event.

kevs zeds

Post by kevs zeds » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:07 pm

Who gives a doodar about the gass anyway if we dont uese it will all go offf in the
gas stations!!
Im after the bigest carbonated footy print i can get wahoooo go the zeds.

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:34 am

I agree, the events are doozies. I would encourage any one to have a blast. Its great to mix with fellow club members on event as well. Its a little different from other club run motorsport events and there is a clear chain of command and a well trodden path of organisation that Peter Martin and his team have fine tuned.

Not wishing to hijack the thread but........

My timing team is looking for 2 new members for Rotorua and the main event. Foray race team is competing in the two events so that effectively removes two timing crew members.

Mike (Timy operator) is moving to Post Chief and one of our start loggers is taking over the Timy. We need two new start line loggers. They must be team players, accurate with recording and not suffer from distractions, its an easy job that involves 60 to 90 minutes of real focus per stage. Would suit a 25 year old plus of either sex. Targa is very good with volunteers, accom and travel is heavily subsidised (or provided with sponsored campervans) and each event you help with receives a cumulative discount off future entry. So if you're interested please PM me or Buster.

Jibber

Post by Jibber » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:37 pm

Hey guys - I was at the Waihi stop, I'm President of the Showgrounds where you had a service stop.

I saw Samuri go through, but missed the others, am a bit disappointed as I was keen to see the Z's

Clearly I was watching with boy eyes, I'll have to look harder next time