Removing Oxidation from the engine mainfold

New to the site? Say hello here!
asyado

Post by asyado » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:41 pm

Hi Nismo, welcome to the forum. I had one of those 100 + km/hr chimes in my Fairlady Z that used to initially drive me crazy when I first bought it, but as I continually used to thrash it over 100 k's the emitter(siren) finally gave up the fight lol and died a good death. I never did find out if it could be disconnected from the wiring loom but now that I have the dash out for me car for the rebuild I'm going to take the opportunity to look behind dash and see just how that siren was linked in. Can always wear earmuffs if it becomes insanely irritating and it also helps to not have to hear the other half if they talk alot pmsl. Nigel
Insanity is only one gear change away!!!

ZMAD

Post by ZMAD » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:54 pm

nismoracer wrote:thnaks for all the help....one other question - how do you disable the door open chime? any ideas or best go see the auto sparky?
Nissan usually have them on the circuit board inside speedo cluster. I removed mine on my Nissan Van, drove me nuts. Got to be good with your hands and electronics though. Also you will break the seal (speedo tampering), oh well.
All Nissans are racecars.

nismoracer

Post by nismoracer » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:13 am

thnkns for the info guys...i might leave the door chime for now then...im much better at cleaning the car yhan doing technical stuff...always hesitant when i dont know what im doing as i dont want to break anything...i will go and check the pics from you outings...cheers...