Z Club Taupo track day

Ideas, past and coming events
mungyz

Post by mungyz » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:34 am

hey trator! :lol: :lol: hmmmm we should shuv that on mine - ha ha! sumtime soon it will go pop if I keep this up :lol:

240z
Z Club Member

Post by 240z » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:35 am

NOSFEDZ32 wrote:I could help out in the NOS boost I know I have a 75hp nos kit somewhere here.....
I wonder if the nos kit and a small head start would be enough to beat mungyz ?

mungyz

Post by mungyz » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:27 pm

A reasnoble car and a good driver is all you need - hell Jason provided an intresting match, a couple of good tyres on his car and it would've been all on.

submax
Z Club Member

Post by submax » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:38 pm

You are so right keep it tidy and on the track .

NOSFEDZ32

Post by NOSFEDZ32 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:01 pm

geez last car was about 1100kgs with me and full tank with 600 hp at the wheels it was fun keeping that tidy..wonder what my new Z will do.....tidy no, brutal yes......it gonna take some getting used to.
A few projects on the go....

nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:15 pm

wow 1100kg for a Z32 not your standard diet...so the new one must have flatted with a Hollywood starlet to get thinner than that (assuming still a Z32)

ZEDHOT

Post by ZEDHOT » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:50 am

Count me in! I can't wait!!

I'll start stripping out spare seats, tires, tools, stereo...

How many laps do we get?
Attachments
now thats a sign -.JPG
now thats a sign -.JPG (53.59 KiB) Viewed 2195 times

ZEDHOT

Post by ZEDHOT » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:53 am

woah! That picture came out a bit BIG

nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:01 pm

ZEDHOT wrote:woah! That picture came out a bit BIG
Hi ZEDHOT - if the pic is already on the web you can link to it using the [ img ] http:// image path[ /img ] tags I have made a mod to the post box so you can also use [ img width=x height=y ] http:// image path[ /img] it is the icon that looks like this Image

Also use the preview button to ensure your post looks like it should/the way you want before you hit post :wink:

Sorry for the off-topic post there guys.

Red eyeZ

Post by Red eyeZ » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:17 pm

Can non Z club members show up on the day and race? Is there any other restrictions as to whom can race ?

nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:32 pm

Red eyeZ wrote:Can non Z club members show up on the day and race? Is there any other restrictions as to whom can race ?
You can't race - as that would require a club sport race license - you can drive around the track fast so long as there is no passing (to some degree) and there is no standing start - car are let go at xx seconds apart. Anything else and a different MANZ permit etc is required. It has been a while for me and I no longer have a MANZ rules book but I am sure some of the guys here who know more could post more info

NOSFEDZ32

Post by NOSFEDZ32 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:50 pm

nzeder wrote:wow 1100kg for a Z32 not your standard diet...so the new one must have flatted with a Hollywood starlet to get thinner than that (assuming still a Z32)
Nah that was 280zx 2 seater turbo.....well supercharged with intercooler....and supra 6 speed...
A few projects on the go....

Pest

Post by Pest » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:41 pm

Registrations for this event are now open.

Please use the link to the registration form at the top of the page.

mungyz

Post by mungyz » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:06 pm

So far I get the prize for the most longest and biggerist model name :lol:

240z
Z Club Member

Post by 240z » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:31 pm

Now is the time to register for this event people.

We hope to get Z's from all over the country to Taupo for the ultimate Z weekend so dont miss out

Your club has made a significant commitment for track hirage and a group of club members have spent many hours planning out the whole weekend.

The weekend is intended as a fun weekend and have something for everyone it will include a cruise around Taupo with plenty of photo opportunities, The track day will give us all a chance with no pressure to drive our cars at above road legal speeds. Driver training in the morning will be an excellent opportunity for our club racers to pass on there experience to us all.

For those that want to come along and watch and take part in the evening functions and prize givings, I'm sure you will have an excellent weekend.

Hope to see you all there.

Regards

Kelvin