Help Please!!! Strange Vibration at around 2000RPM

If your post does not fit under any of the other technical forums post it here
Lance Louez

Help Please!!! Strange Vibration at around 2000RPM

Post by Lance Louez » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:56 pm

Hi all,

Looking for a fix for my 1991 Z32 Twin Turbo 2+0 slick-top automatic hope someone can help me out

I have a problem with vibration at around 2000RPM If I put the car in Neutral and coast down hill it go's away. I thought it may be the engine and trans mounts so had them changed this did not fix the problem. I then thought it maybe the drive shaft center bearing so had that replaced while I was at it had the drive Shaft balanced. the problem is still there.

I read on another forum another owner had same problem he was told to check the Auto Trans Output Shaft I have had a look and they are selling Auto Trans Output Shaft Speed Sensor Standard on E Bay for around $200.00 NZD.

Could purchasing this part fix my vibration problem or do you know if replacing this part has fixed other related vibration problems in the past?

I just don't want to folk out $200.00NZD to find out it is not the problem.

As I understand it is this part that allows the computer to get the vehicle speed can this cause the vibrations that I have been feeling for the last 4 years I am so over this vibration I just want it gone.

Also is it hard to install this part?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance