350Z Axle Click

If your post does not fit under any of the other technical forums post it here
OMSIN

350Z Axle Click

Post by OMSIN » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:54 pm

http://my350z.com/forum/engine-drivetra ... -axle.html

Helpful thread above, anyone have this problem? Apparently its covered under warranty at Nissan USA, how about here?

netrover

Post by netrover » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:45 pm

Funny, I was reading that thread just a few days ago.
35th Anniversary Ultra Yellow 350Z

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:59 am

As I've had my 350 over 10 years now from new, it was about 1.5 years old (I think it's so long ago without digging through all my old documentation) when my Z developed the click, back right. It was regreased by the dealer, but ultimately it lead to me having to replace the whole axle assembly as it had "unusual axial looseness" (and yes the car was still under the 3 year warranty at that stage - makes me quite grumpy to think about it). The axle assembly was very expensive, even at trade price!

As to weather it is still covered by Nissan warranty now, I'm not sure. Especially if it's a Jap import. You'd have to ask a dealer, and take the print out of the thread with you from MY350Z, bearing in mind the laws in the US are much stronger.
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

OMSIN

Post by OMSIN » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:40 pm

Fantastic, there seems to be numerous technical service bulletins detailing design flaws or issues with these cars :/

I doubt they will do anything seeing as it is an import like you said, can't see why they would feel obliged to fix someone else's problem (not made for the nz market)

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:06 pm

OMSIN wrote:Fantastic, there seems to be numerous technical service bulletins detailing design flaws or issues with these cars :/

I doubt they will do anything seeing as it is an import like you said, can't see why they would feel obliged to fix someone else's problem (not made for the nz market)
There were a few, but like any car they all have faults. Think of all the major recalls around the world of late.
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

OMSIN

Post by OMSIN » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:13 pm

Yes, Holden have had a few for the commodores.

At least our cars aren't catching fire

S13 Silvia

Post by S13 Silvia » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:30 pm

GM and toyota especially have had a nightmare in the last few years, GM has released official numbers for the amount of people that have died in the last few years as a result of their faulty products... Not a good look.