Sequential options

Post by nzeder » Tue May 07, 2013 10:48 am

A guy in Australia is asking if anyone know anything about these guys

http://www.ttindustries.com/car_index.html

The are a Nelson based company.

Here is a quote from Paul
Holinger : 22k sequential dog box, 6 speed, NEW
: Will cost around 2K to convert ex supercar box to fit behind RB

Albins : 26k sequential transaxle is all they can offer apparently.

Modena : 18k MV8S 6 speed, not a bad looking thing, remote shifter, bolt on. NEW

PPG : Brushed me aside, said there Helical set should be fine.

Quaife : still waiting for response

OS giken : 14k they have the OS 88, gtr box and have been told
with mods to rear housing it can work 2wd no probs. Anyone confirm this ?

Japan : Can get OS etc for same costs as us here, Can get quaife for 9000

If you guys can think of any others please let me know

Cheers in advance lads
Paul
and
Any of our New Zealand compadres know
much about these guys

http://www.ttindustries.com/car_index.html

https://www.facebook.com/RaceGearboxes

13k for a bolt in RB setup delivered to my door. Hard to go past
So that all the info I have - but 13K AUD delivered to AU is a good price I would have thought.

Does anybody know of these guys and can provide Paul (via PM to me or post here) and info on these guys.

Cheers
Mike

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Wed May 08, 2013 9:02 am

They are using these TT boxes in one of the Taxi racing classes, I think maybe the NZ V8s? ST's have the Quaifes and the V8's the TT'S? This is more a question than an answer sorry.

nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Wed May 08, 2013 10:48 am

The Oz Supercar are using a Albin transaxle this season they were using Holinger standard Gbox location before the "car of the future". This Albins units has had it issues and is a control transmission - however I believe there was meant to be new internals for all teams at the resent Perth 360 meeting.

It might be the NZ V8 that are running the TT boxes.

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Wed May 08, 2013 11:33 am

I was considering the TT because of its weight but Targa has shut out sequentials (and turbos) from the Classic classes. Someone may have comments or know about the strength of the TT's. They look real good to me.

As an aside I am impressed by the action and change speed of the C type box we have fitted, fingers crossed that its got the strength and the ratios dont piss me off.

SR240Z

Post by SR240Z » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:08 pm

Hi guys, does anyone know much more about these boxes? Any feedback from the super tourers? I need a box for the Gillespie z and these look interesting.

Pretty keen on one but wanted to do as much home work before contacting them directly. Their webpage is not full of info sadly.

Cheers
AG

nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:18 pm

The guy in oz got one for his RB26DETT powered 240z. He has posted some youtube videos see here.

Eastern Creek WTAC 14: http://youtu.be/iTdz8-sg6uk

His name is Paul and if you PM me your email I was pass it on to him and ask he contact you and pass on his feedback.

SR240Z

Post by SR240Z » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:36 pm

That's fantastic, just like my open wheeler. Looks like a second lever for reverse?

Would a gearbox like this obmit the car (running an l series) from any Auckland or Northern sports car club classes?

nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:15 am

Well any classic class as the rules clearly state no sequential gearboxes.

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:51 pm

nzeder wrote:Well any classic class as the rules clearly state no sequential gearboxes.
Yup pretty much unacceptable in any classic class.
Last edited by Andy on Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SR240Z

Post by SR240Z » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:38 pm

Him bugger, suspected would be the case however.

Still interested in the TTI, good value for money I think.

I want to be racing not fixing and happy to spend the $, what other options are there that are classic acceptable and are 'bullet proof'?

Cheers AG

Baker93
Z Club Member

Post by Baker93 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:27 pm

Hi I have done a lot of research on Gear Box available gear box options. The main thing before you go saying im going to get one of those is to determine how much Torque / Horsepower you expect to stuff through it, the weight of the car and the tires that are going to be run.
The TT Industries Gear Box is a fine looking piece of engineering. I have extensively studied the inner working of one and was quite impressed by its basic / simplistic design and layout.
Also the price is very competitive. This boxes are currently being used in the NZ V8 series. (not to be confused with the NZ Super Tourer) These run a Quaife QBE69 GB. The TT Industries Box is available in one style only with up to six ratios
The follow manufacturers make many different sizes and configurations to suit most applications There are many more but these are some of the main players.
Hollinger
Elite
Sadev
Quaife
Hewland
Drenth

All make fine gearboxes. For a mid powered z below 450Hp, im leaning toward a TT Industries ( it will handle more power) or a Drenth DG400 Heavy Duty.
What ever you do check the rules for the class you propose to race in. If its H pattern you need things actually become a little harder and believe or not more expensive.

nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:32 pm

71B and 71C boxes are strong and last if you treat them right and don't try and shift fast. If you shift fast even with a good gear set they will break as the bearing centers are just a bit too far apart and flex happens = things break when they move apart and come back together to fast as the incorrect alignment.

You can get stronger gearsets for the stock Nissan/Datsun boxes from a number of vendors in Australia, Albins, PPG/Pfitzner, PAR Engineering, Elite Transmissions in the UK.

Paul loves his TTI box in his S30z and for the highly modified zed you have (Greg's old car) it would be the trick behind a high HP SR20DET and just run in the Auckland Car club and have fun.