03/04 Nissan 350Z with jap imported gps units

Answer to most of the common technical questions
regan

03/04 Nissan 350Z with jap imported gps units

Post by regan » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:21 pm

Hi Guys

Does anyone know if the GPS unit in an imported 350Z can be converted to english and run NZ maps?

Thanks for any help!

Regan

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:35 am

Asked one of the other guys that had sat nav on his import 03, apparently the answer is no at this stage.

regan

Post by regan » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:38 am

BRONZEE wrote:Asked one of the other guys that had sat nav on his import 03, apparently the answer is no at this stage.
Hi Bronzee - you're on this forum too!? :) Thanks for asking for me - much appreciated.

Have had a good read through the my350z.com site - picked up a few things to look out for.

regan

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:40 am

Also tyre feathering is another major!!! A few here that went to alignment shops running the original factory specs, have had issues with feathering, same as in the US and elsewhere.
Last edited by BRONZEE on Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

regan

Post by regan » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:45 am

BRONZEE wrote:Also tyre feathering is another major!!! A few here that went to alignment shops running the factory specs, have had issues with feathering, same as in the US and elsewhere.

Yeah I read about the feathering problem - is that solved by re-alignment or new tyres?

Sounds like the transmission on the manual versions have had a few issues too - not much mention of the tiptronic which I guess indicates they don't have the same problems?

Have you had any problem with your transmission at all?

Regan

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:55 am

regan wrote:
BRONZEE wrote:Also tyre feathering is another major!!! A few here that went to alignment shops running the factory specs, have had issues with feathering, same as in the US and elsewhere.
Yeah I read about the feathering problem - is that solved by re-alignment or new tyres?

Sounds like the transmission on the manual versions have had a few issues too - not much mention of the tiptronic which I guess indicates they don't have the same problems?

Have you had any problem with your transmission at all?
Nissan came up with a different alignment for my z, rather a long story, but I've personally not had feathering issues. And yes feathering can be sorted with a good alignment. Depending on where you are can recommend a few very good places (that do also alot of race car work) that are used to doing alignments on 350z.

With manual gearbox and clutches there have been a few issues as you've already read. Tiptronic's on the whole seem to be ok, have heard of the odd tiptronic trans in the US being replaced.

More than happy to help. Wouldn't like to think of a new member ending up with a bad one.

Got One

Post by Got One » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:09 am

Have you had any problems bronzee,OH MY GOD

Pest

Post by Pest » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:56 pm

ROFL

regan

Post by regan » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:01 pm

it sounds like there's a story to be told? :shock:

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:10 pm