aircon diagram

Answer to most of the common technical questions
WIKEDZ

aircon diagram

Post by WIKEDZ » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:24 pm

hey guys
anyone know where i can get a detailed diagram of the aircon unit in particular the heater unit and blower unit as i have just ripped out the dash of my 81 280z
to replace the heater and blower units with ones from a 80z. main reason for this is my zed had the automatic climate control unit with in car and external air temp sensors and vacum diaphrams to operate all of the vent levers as we all know thhe vacum hoses on a car this old are just asking to be replaced but i thought may as well repkace the whole lot as i much prefer the lever and cable arangement of the earlier zeds. no for my problem my varius zeds manuals dont cober this area very well and have left it to long since i pulled the unit out of the parts acr and did not label anything (i know that is dumb) but i have a cable that comes from the vent adjust lever and goes to the blower unit but for the life of me cant remember what it connects to as well as a little square unit with a long wire coming out of the end looks like it may be an air temp sensor has a adjustment screw on it.
any help on these would be much appreciated

willythefish

Post by willythefish » Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:28 pm

I need help too, My 280Z aircon is disconnected and the heater control vac lines are perished broken, hanging down. I don't want to take the dash out until I know I can get it back fixed. Hopefully someone here knows what goes where. I downloaded the FSM but its not really got any detail on the vac lines.
Help !! I've done 12k kms in the last 6months and it would be great to have aircon for the up coming summer.

Brock365

Post by Brock365 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:26 pm

Been a long while since I read mine but I remember some sort of diagrams....
Owner of a Nissan 280ZX, a Toyota WiLL VS (yes its spelt with capital Ls) for the missus and a 2005 Nissan Skyline 3.5 litre manual sedan