280z injector size

Answer to most of the common technical questions
WIKEDZ

280z injector size

Post by WIKEDZ » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:22 pm

hey guys
i have a 1981 280z l28 engine with p79 head and efi. Does any know what size (in cc)the injectors are on this model or where to find the specs .
cant seem to find anywhere reason is going to buy new ones and would like to get bigger ones to go with my new cam and larger fuel rail, fuel pressure regulater and ecu upgrade.
if any one has any tips or say rules of thumb for calculating injector size to fuel -air flow that would be cool

djz

Post by djz » Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:41 pm

Hey, L28, L20E and L20ET and VG20ET injectors are 185cc's The next 'up-size' that will directly fit in are FJ20E's at 240cc''s then NICS RB20DET's (ie HR31 & Z31 200ZR) at 259cc's. After that you're in 370cc territory with the FJ20ET. VG30ET ones are 270cc same as the factory L28ET ones.

What computer are you going to go with? I wouldn't go too much bigger than the factory injectors if you are just staying n/a.
Nissan 280ZX 2 seater RB26 powered.

WIKEDZ

Post by WIKEDZ » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:38 pm

thanks for that
for this car am staying n/a with original ecu but is in the process of getting chipped by a firm in auckland to increase the dwell time of the injectors.
do have running parts car that was going to try out supercharging with my mates sprintex supercharger which hes not using so may try and get a set of larger second hand injectors for that engine. trial and error sometimes works the best.