wat should i get?

Answer to most of the common technical questions
sksepgnsl

wat should i get?

Post by sksepgnsl » Tue May 01, 2007 9:49 pm

i got a 350z and i would like to do intake on ma ride.
wat should i get?
i heard ARC isnt good for mine.
give me some suggestions plz.
thnx

ForemanNZ

Post by ForemanNZ » Tue May 01, 2007 9:58 pm

In a real world test, APEXi power intake proved to be a better filter than 3 big name rivals, and still allowed the car to make more power too!

Common traits seem to be:
Foam doesn't filter fine particals well at all
Paper can still flow good while providing excellent filtration

Another element to consider would be filter placement, as you should consider the temperature and quality of air the filter is going to suck in. Don't swap a filter because you wanna go from the standard box to a pod filter because you have been told the pod filter is better - the standard box may still flow just as well with the right filter and would already be designed to bring in cold clean air.

Just my 2c
AKA ZFETSH
Now armed with a Z32 2+0 NA

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Tue May 01, 2007 10:00 pm

Welcome to the forum sksepgnsl. There are a few of us 350z owners on the Shore. Great to have another on board. :D

How did you find the forum?? What spec 350 do you have, year, colour, manual or tiptronic??

Check out http://www.my350z.com/forum/, is one of the largest resources for anything 350.

Hope you make it along to a meet soon. There is one on Thursday night. http://www.zclub.org.nz/viewtopic.php?t=404&test=test

Cheers
Bronzee

NOSFEDZ32

Post by NOSFEDZ32 » Tue May 01, 2007 10:31 pm

filteration?

man just drop in a VQ30DETT and be done with it.....twin apex'i's and a BIG SMILE.....
A few projects on the go....

sksepgnsl

Post by sksepgnsl » Wed May 02, 2007 9:16 pm

i just bought it last week.
2003, Track version, manual, the colour is orange which i want to change
Know nothing abt 350z.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Wed May 02, 2007 9:26 pm

sksepgnsl wrote:i just bought it last week.
Know nothing abt 350z.
Nice. Hehe, I'll start the 350z education process for you. The colour is called Le Mans Sunset (LMS), same as my 350. The LMS as of 2007 is a discontinued colour, and at the rate they are being written off, makes it a bit different.

Hope you can come along to club night tomorrow over at Papakura.

sksepgnsl

Post by sksepgnsl » Wed May 02, 2007 11:34 pm

BRONZEE wrote:
sksepgnsl wrote:i just bought it last week.
Know nothing abt 350z.
Nice. Hehe, I'll start the 350z education process for you. The colour is called Le Mans Sunset (LMS), same as my 350. The LMS as of 2007 is a discontinued colour, and at the rate they are being written off, makes it a bit different.

Hope you can come along to club night tomorrow over at Papakura.

Oh i c. Thnx for the info.
BTW wats different between Jap FairladyZ and 350Z
arnt they the same? my friend got FairladyZ which looks same as mine.

nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Wed May 02, 2007 11:56 pm

sksepgnsl wrote:BTW wats different between Jap FairladyZ and 350Z
arnt they the same? my friend got FairladyZ which looks same as mine.
As I am not a 350z guy (I guess you could say yet.....got to keep that zed bug under control :lol:) I can't answer the question correctly so I will let others who know reply with any real spec differences.

Now having said that each market sometimes gets different spec's for their own markets. Case and point the Nissan S15 R spec sold here in NZ has more HP in factory form vs the same model sold new in Australia ie S15 R spec. I believe the differences is that the ADR (Australia Design Rule/Regulations) required more antismog kit fitted = HP robber. Other differences between a JDM (ie Fairlady Z) and export market 350z would be the radio for one - different frequencies. There will be other minor differences between a JDM and export model but I will let someone who know the 350z better answer those I am a 70-80 zed guy sorry.

Cheers
Mike

PS Welcome.

skat

Post by skat » Thu May 03, 2007 8:36 am

There can be lots of differences depending on what spec version fairladyZ you get. The top Jap spec fairladyZ is version ST and it has every feature available on the NZ spec 350Z Track version and touring version. In addition the 03-04 Jap spec models also got the HID lights, optional light weight Rays rims and an optional nismo spoiler. There are no differences under the hood.

Lower Spec'd versions are lighter in weight by about 45-60 kgs depending on the version.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Thu May 03, 2007 8:51 am

Also, the Fairlady's don't normally have TCS (traction control system) or VDC (vehicle dynamic control), or leather seats, heated seats, or electric seats.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Thu May 03, 2007 8:53 am

PS. Does your friend know about the club yet? :wink: :D

sksepgnsl

Post by sksepgnsl » Thu May 03, 2007 10:28 am

thnx for the info guys.
i will ask ma friend to join the z-club!