Factory wheel specs

Answer to most of the common technical questions
ForemanNZ

Factory wheel specs

Post by ForemanNZ » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:24 pm

I've created a topic for the nissanz forums on standard wheel specs, in an attempt to build up a list of what cars have the same wheels - you can get to it here:

http://www.nissanz.net.nz/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1803

What I want to make sure is that I have the Z specs right - can someone confirm the factory PCD and offsets please
AKA ZFETSH
Now armed with a Z32 2+0 NA

nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:18 pm

I believe the 260z factory alloy rims are 14x5.5 with a +18 offset (I recall seeing these stamped on the rear of the rims - however they are not at my place currently (at Dad's) so I can't confirm 100% but I am 95% certain that is correct)

240z did not have a factory alloy but only the steel rim 14x5 +12. Many of the aftermarket rims were 14x6 0 offset or 14x7 back in the day most rims people fit are 0 offset.

280zx early models were fitted with the rims as the 260z then they changed to a 14x6 rim (six spoke thing not the 4 of the older version). Then there was the iron cross rims on some 280zx I think 14x6 also. Not sure of the offset on these rims but +12 rings a bell.

That is about it from me - don't know any of the 300zx range.

Almost forgot about the PCD. All 240z/260z/280zx are 4x4.5" or 4x114.3 first gen 300zx came in two PCD's non turbo pre 86 4x4.5" then the later and Turbo version 5x4.5" or 5x114.3 in mm not inches.

old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:13 pm

Sorry to disagree Mike but my 1973 240Z was delivered new with the 4 spoke alloys (and I got them with the car). The guy I bought it from actually drove the car before it was registered and is positive that they were on it then. It's a shame he didn't buy it then as I would have been the second owner instead of about number 15.

Maybe it was an NZ option right at the end of the 240s as I understand that mine was one of the last delivered in NZ.

nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:25 pm

old_datto_fan wrote:Maybe it was an NZ option right at the end of the 240s as I understand that mine was one of the last delivered in NZ.
Might have been as stated dealer installs not included but I did not think it was an option for the 240z (ie factory option that is) country/dealers might have installed them but not on the factory options lists and given the 260z was about to be released and if this car was the last 240z to be sold in NZ then maybe they were added as the new model had them as an option......just thinking out loud hell it was 34 years ago when this car was new who knows.....