Recommended Car Care Products?

Answer to most of the common technical questions
Brock365

Recommended Car Care Products?

Post by Brock365 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:36 am

Hi Guys.

I have just used my last car wax and was wondering if anyone would reccomend any particular brands to buy?
Owner of a Nissan 280ZX, a Toyota WiLL VS (yes its spelt with capital Ls) for the missus and a 2005 Nissan Skyline 3.5 litre manual sedan

Pest

Post by Pest » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:19 pm

Both Mothers and Maguires are good.

ZILVER

Post by ZILVER » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:49 pm

Meguiars ~ Crystal 3 step is really good; also Turbo wax (as promoted and used by Bronzee)

Ive been using Turtle wax on my cars with good results, their ICE range is tops. (The liquid polish in particular) I would forever be devoted to this stuff if it were cheaper. Such a fast/easy solution, particulary for black/dark coloured paint.

The sponge applicator pads from these brands/included in bulk packs are great to and seem to last the distance.

It seems you get what you pay for really. However, CRC car care products (granted being at the cheaper end of the spectrum) are about as usefull as another bucket of water.

Armor All do some handy/usefull cleaners, but I dont particulary like the wax.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:20 pm

Brock365 wrote:I have just used my last car wax and was wondering if anyone would recommend any particular brands to buy?
Definitely Turbo Wax!! The whole range is brilliant!! Easy to apply, doesn't leave nasty white streaks, doesn't leave nasty powdery residue to be wiped off, hehe, I could go on. :lol:

Turbo Wax was also a sponsor for our Taupo 2008 Track Day earlier this year. All the drivers were given a 4oz bottle of wax in their driver bag.

If you are interested to in the product I'll forward you the contact details of the importer.
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:23 pm

Also make sure you are using good quality cloths etc or you're negating your good work. :wink:
Next - Z Club events:

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:31 pm

Reduced sized pics, but we all know how hard it is to get a great shine and reflection going on bright coloured and metallic coloured cars.

A few snippets of up close shots of the depth of the shine.

Next - Z Club events:

Brock365

Post by Brock365 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:21 pm

A mate has it and he swears by it. I have always been told polish to remove fine scratches then was for shine/protection. What really is cleaner wax and is it worth it?
Owner of a Nissan 280ZX, a Toyota WiLL VS (yes its spelt with capital Ls) for the missus and a 2005 Nissan Skyline 3.5 litre manual sedan

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:58 pm

Brock365 wrote:A mate has it and he swears by it. I have always been told polish to remove fine scratches then was for shine/protection. What really is cleaner wax and is it worth it?
Cleaner wax can be used by it's self or as an adjunct to a clay bar/bug remover bar, (after clay barring). Cleaner wax will basically remove some surface contamination, (clay bar/bug bar should remove it all). Cleaner wax prepares the surface for the next layer, typically being a swirl remover, then a wax. Cleaner wax, if it's a good one, should start building the layers and give a greater depth of shine.

These steps when done properly means you are protecting the paint, not buffing it back needlessly.

This might help a little bit.
http://www.turbowax.com/pages.php?pageid=34
Next - Z Club events: