[Completed] Taupo Track Day - Saturday 20th March 2021

Ideas, past and coming events
Lyndon

[Completed] Taupo Track Day - Saturday 20th March 2021

Post by Lyndon » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:46 pm

Hey All,

Track day 2021 has officially been booked and confirmed! Finer details are still getting confirmed but we have the track and day so get your sign ups in.

When: Saturday 20th March 2021
Where: Track 3, Bruce McLaren Motorsport Park. Centennial Drive (off Broadlands Road, Taupo)
What: As much track time as you can handle with driver training in the morning for those who want it.
How much: Fees apply as follows :
Normal Entry Fee: $220
Optional Lunch: $15

Current Registrations:
Screenshot_20210311_105808.png
Screenshot_20210311_105808.png (111.57 KiB) Viewed 35195 times

- - -

SUPPLEMENTARY REGULATIONS

1. JURISDICTION
This event is a Basic Status event and is a Circuit Sprint (Single Car) as per appendix 5 - Schedule C of the motorsport manual, promoted by the Datsun Z Club Inc. and will take place on Saturday 20th March 2021 at the Taupo Motorsport Park, Broadlands Road, Taupo.
The event will be held under these Supplementary Regulations, the MotorSport NZ National Sporting Code and its Appendices and Schedules particularly appendix 5 - Schedule C and Appendix Two, Schedule A - Driver Safety and Vehicle Requirements.
MSNZ Permit Number: 210039 Steward of the Course: Campbell Roberston

2. THE EVENT
2.1 Venue: Bruce McLaren Motorsport Park located 10km Northeast of Taupo on Broadlands Road, Taupo
2.2 Layout: Track Three
2.3 Schedule:
07:30am - Organising Committee to venue for setup
08:15am - Driver registration, Documentation and safety audit scrutineering
09:00am - Drivers briefing and track tuition, this is compulsory for all attendees
09:30am - Driver training - Have a couple of laps with an experienced driver in the co-pilots seat, a great warmup and a chance to learn the racing line.
11:00am - Timed Practice - Up to 6 cars on the track and a maximum of 6 lap sessions. This will be timed to decide speed groupings. If you return to the pits for any reason you may not re-enter the track until next session.
12:00pm - Lunch
12:45pm - Timed Practice - Timed sessions grouped according to speed.
03:45pm - Timing ceases, track runs continue
04:30pm - Track closes

3. ENTRIES
3.1 Opening and Closing: These open with the issuing of an event permit number by MSNZ.
3.2 Entry Form: Method of entry is online registration via MSNZ online. Please wait to register until we have permit acceptance and then Enter Here Late entry on the day is by filling in a MSNZ entry by hand. Please call Andy to check acceptance before arranging to enter on the day.
3.3 Payment: Via direct payment to Z Club Account ASB 12 3427 0307451 00 marked with driver
name and 'track2021'

4. Competitor Requirements:
(1) Knowledge and Understandings: In signing the entry forms competitors are deemed to fully understand: MotorSport NZ National Sporting Code and its relevant Appendices and Schedules
(2a) Licence Requirements: Current NZ Drivers Licence
OR
(2b) i. Must be a full member of a MSNZ affiliated Club or
ii. if not a member of a MSNZ affiliated Club not have competed in more than two MSNZ events previously.
(3) Helmet complying with schedule A and minimum of 100% cotton overalls, leather footwear and 100% cotton or wool socks and underwear must be worn. (Please note that Motorsport NZ rules applying to helmets and clothing has changed, PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOUR HELMET, UNDERWEAR, SHOES AND SOCKS COMPLY WITH SCHEDULE A OF THE MOTORSPORT MANUAL.)
http://manual.motorsport.org.nz/

5 VEHICLE ELIGIBILITY
5.1 Road going vehicles must be of a warrantible standard and carry a current Warrant of Fitness
5.2 Dedicated Competition vehicles must comply with Appendix Two, Schedule A
5.3 All loose objects must be removed from the driver/passenger compartment.

6 PASSENGERS
6.1 Excepting during reconnaissance laps, passengers may only be carried in a caged, dedicated competition car complying with Appendix Two, Schedule A,
6.2 Either the passenger or driver must hold as a minimum a MSNZ club-sport licence.
6.3 All passengers must sign an indemnity form on the start line of each run. Passengers must be over 12 years of age and if less than 16 years of age must have signed under Age Indemnity form signed by a parent or Guardian or have a restricted Competition License.

7 VEHICLE CLASSIFICATIONS:
A 0-1600cc
B 1601-2300cc
C 2301-3000cc
D 3001-4100cc
E 4101cc and over

Forced Induction multiply by 1.7
Rotary multiply by 1.8
Forced Induction Rotary multiply by 3.06
Forced Induction Diesel multiply by 1.5

agecage
Z Club Member

Post by agecage » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:54 am

I'm all registered up

agecage
Z Club Member

Post by agecage » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:13 pm

IIf anybody want a flier to share round.

fome dome

Post by fome dome » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:18 pm

Wow price is alot more is that for track 1?

agecage
Z Club Member

Post by agecage » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:45 am

fome dome wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:18 pm Wow price is alot more is that for track 1?
Unfortunately there's been a few changes at Taupo racetrack and prices have doubled since last time we held a track day.

bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:45 pm

Thanks for raising that question. That is a fair question.
We do always endeavour to keep event costs as low as possible.

I hope I have answered your question below.
For those wondering about the price increase.

I think the comparison of track 1 will probably be a comparison with past prices. The Bruce McLean Motorsport Park has gone through a bit of a transition and this has meant that they have reviewed their prices.
The track hire has gone up from $1,800.00 to $3,500.00. Although it seems a lot it is still not expensive compared to other tracks. On top of that, we have a lot of extra expenses we need to pay for, Track cleaning, Clubroom hire, Ambulance, Fire extinguishers, and a bunch of other miscellaneous items. We need at least 30 entrants to come out even.

To be fair when you think about it, getting a full day of track time of $220.00, Is pretty good value.

Please also remember that the organising of this event is done by volunteers and we spend quite a considerable amount of our own time organising this event.
Bernie Kant
Club President

bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:25 am

Hi all
We are still looking to fill about 15 spaces for track day. I would like to make a note for all those coming and any that may be still keen to attend we will not be cancelling this event. Only going back to level 1 would stop this event which i believe is very unlikely.
The club has the funds to sustain any losses if it needs to.
Bernie Kant
Club President

fome dome

Post by fome dome » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:36 pm

"The Bruce McLean Motorsport Park has gone through a bit of a transition"
Is it owned by Tony Quin now?
Track 3 sounds good to me great little track
No doubt more numbers will come rolling in.

bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:18 pm

Bump
Time to start booking your spot for track day. Still have spaces to fill. Remember if you are staying in Taupo book in at the Ascot we have asked them to hold spaces.
Bernie Kant
Club President

Nis&Dat

Post by Nis&Dat » Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:35 pm

Hi,
I entered maybe 2 (or 3?) weeks ago but don't see my name on the list. Is there anything else I need to do? I'll re-enter in-case my application went west.
Cheers.

bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:11 pm

Hi just sent me an email and will get in touch
bernjean59@gmail.com
Bernie Kant
Club President

Nis&Dat

Post by Nis&Dat » Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:13 pm

Regarding tyres, are we allowed to fit slicks to our street legal cars for use on the track? Or only semi-slicks? Thanks in advance.

bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:54 am

Yes you can fit slicks.
Bernie Kant
Club President

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:52 am

Hi Zedders,
The race committee for our Taupo Track Day on the 20th March (all being well and back to normalish given Covid & today's big earth quakes) have had a few inquiries about helmet and racesuit for the event.
The club doesn't hire out helmets or race suits. There are some good deals around on Trademe or from the well known race wear suppliers.

If utilising overalls, they must be 100% cotton, no poly cotton.

Here are a few, and there will be more.
http://www.chicane.co.nz/products.asp?CategoryID=11
https://cardwells.co.nz/

Important links:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6412
http://manual.motorsport.org.nz/index.p ... le-c/#c1-3
https://manual.motorsport.org.nz/index. ... uide/#dg2b
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:20 pm

Do we need to register on the MNNZ system as well as on the link at the start of this post?