Wellington/Manawatu Cruise/Trial/Lunch

Ideas, past and coming events
old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Fri May 20, 2016 7:16 pm

Great, I'm sure we can have you on your way by 12.30.

old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Sun May 22, 2016 4:22 pm

As we only got 4 cars today we changed the event to a small cruise along a few backroads and then coffee. Most enjoyable and I've saved the trial for another day.

Michael

Post by Michael » Sun May 22, 2016 6:29 pm

Michael
---------
1973 240Z (running)
1957 Austin A35 (in bits)

old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Sun May 22, 2016 9:28 pm

Excellent! I went down those dead end roads on purpose just so you could see some more of the countryside.

Alistairs350z

Post by Alistairs350z » Mon May 23, 2016 7:03 am

Hi Guys

Really peeved I wasn't able to make Sunday - last week I was off work with the flu and still wasn't well enough yesterday to make the trip - I hope it was great day, cheers Alistair

strydah
Z Club Member

Post by strydah » Mon May 23, 2016 8:53 pm

Michael wrote:Made a wee video: https://youtu.be/Yq3AyeHRuBA
Cool. Here are a couple of photos at the line up before we headed off.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/142095514@N03
Last edited by strydah on Wed May 25, 2016 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Wed May 25, 2016 12:23 pm

strydah wrote:
Michael wrote:Made a wee video: https://youtu.be/Yq3AyeHRuBA
Cool. Here are a couple of photos at the line up before we headed off.
Good lineup, very colourful.
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

asyado

Post by asyado » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:37 pm

Hi all,

cheers Mike for organizing this run. Just about had some cooling issues again, but a new radiator cap seemed to most of my problem prior to running over the Rimutaka's.

As it turned out, most of us were captains on board with no sailors to navigate, so the intended plan for the day then flew out the window, of trying to write down notes while driving a selected course Mike had set out for us.

Plan B, was to head north and start surveying some of the back country roads up towards and around Otaki.

Brought back a few memories for myself, as I worked up in the state forest and used to use some of the roads out of Otaki that we drove along.

I think I was fortunate to have my Navman with me for navigation, as I could easily see Mike was leading us astray at times, being at the back of the pack for most of the journey, so I didn't suffer as many of the dead turn arounds, like the others experienced, lol.

After dodging cyclists, narrow roads and congested traffic in places, we stopped in Otaki for a bite to eat. I know I was hungry, as I had skipped breaky before coming across the hill to the meeting point.

I think we actually did bloody well in terms of weather, as it was fine for the better part of the day, but on the return trip home, the weather gods decided to drop a rain bomb on me, all the way back home, lol.

Great to meet some new faces and ones I already know well.

Thanks again Mike for an enjoyable day out, as like a Hobbit, I'm always looking for an adventure of the Z kind.

Nigel aka asyado
Insanity is only one gear change away!!!