Taupo Track Day - Saturday 16th February 2013

Ideas, past and coming events
BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:08 am

old_datto_fan wrote:I now have a spare studio unit booked at the Ascot for both Friday and Saturday that has now become available owing to my son deciding he is not coming.

Before I cancel it with the Ascot, is anyone interested?
Ring Allan, he hasn't booked accommodation yet!
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

Z Club
Committee Member

Post by Z Club » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:43 pm

Our very generous sponsors of our Taupo Track Day event 2013.

Tying in with the Rides in Race Cars for Bay of Plenty Child Cancer children, the companies that are very kindly loaning us gear (overalls and helmets) are:

* Alsco: - http://www.alsco.co.nz/
* Formula E: - http://www.formulae.co.nz/

We'd also like to take photos of the kids getting into the race cars in all their kit, if someone would like to volunteer to take the photos, please let Bronzee know.

Jibber

Post by Jibber » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:45 pm

I'll aim to throw (gently) my camera in, if you get caught short I'm sure I can help out.

Pest

Post by Pest » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:02 pm

Another event has come up which takes precedence (unthinkable, I know) so I can't make it this year guys.

A side effect of this is, as I usually do the (rudimentary at best) timing, there will be none this year unless someone else puts their hand up to run it.

If you're keen let me know.

Luke.

asyado

Post by asyado » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:00 pm

Hi all,
just an enquiry, I'm keen as dogs to come up for the Saturday morning/arvo only and then head back. I haven't register because I'm still finding that I'm working most of my Saturday's at the moment.
I was wanting to know if I end up with that Saturday free, would I be able to pay the $12 buck fee for a spectator on the spot once there.
If I hear a yes, my next problem will be deciding on motorbike or car to come up on or in, mmmmmmm.
asyado aka Nigel
Insanity is only one gear change away!!!

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:43 pm

asyado wrote: Hi all,
just an enquiry, I'm keen as dogs to come up for the Saturday morning/arvo only and then head back. I haven't register because I'm still finding that I'm working most of my Saturday's at the moment.
I was wanting to know if I end up with that Saturday free, would I be able to pay the $12 buck fee for a spectator on the spot once there.
If I hear a yes, my next problem will be deciding on motorbike or car to come up on or in, mmmmmmm.
asyado aka Nigel
If at all possible we prefer the money put into the club's account and clearing account asap, but by Thursday 14th February as you're a spectator lunch. As we pre-order the lunches, we need to know how many to order for. :wink:

Taking money on the day slows registration down, very busy day for the committee. :wink:

Hope you can make it to Taupo. :D
Next - Z Club events:

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:57 pm

Pest wrote:Another event has come up which takes precedence (unthinkable, I know) so I can't make it this year guys.

A side effect of this is, as I usually do the (rudimentary at best) timing, there will be none this year unless someone else puts their hand up to run it.

If you're keen let me know.

Luke.
We have a timing system, which will run to two decimal places and auto print at the end of each "round" just needs a coupla handlers to push the buttons.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:02 pm

Jibber wrote:I'll aim to throw (gently) my camera in, if you get caught short I'm sure I can help out.
That would be great JB!! 8)
Next - Z Club events:

Z Club
Committee Member

Post by Z Club » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:18 pm

The stack of prizes for Taupo is looking impressive, with some generous and really cool prizes!!! Also there will be a prize/s for lunch registered & paid spectators!!!

If you want to find out what the prizes are, you'll need to join us at Taupo! :wink:

Reminder, Taupo payments for Taupo are due by Saturday 9th February 2013 :!:

PLEASE ENSURE YOU USE YOUR NAME & TAUPO AS YOUR REFERENCE!!! Payment details etc here:

http://taupo2013.zclub.org.nz/

BlueZ
Z Club Member

Post by BlueZ » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:49 pm

Apologies but I have to pull out of this event. The timing is against me atm :(

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:14 am

BlueZ wrote:Apologies but I have to pull out of this event. The timing is against me atm :(
Not a problem. There's always next years Taupo - Saturday 15th February 2014. 8)
Next - Z Club events:

ZMAD

Post by ZMAD » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:46 am

People, Am I able to loan cotton overalls for a friend and I. As spectators, hoping to get a ride round track in a caged car for a donation to Bay of Plenty Child Cancer. I have the helmet. What time do you plan for arrival to track?
All Nissans are racecars.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:12 pm

FULL EVENT DETAILS, INCLUDING EVENT RULES, SCHEDULE ETC:

http://taupo2013.zclub.org.nz/
Next - Z Club events:

ZMAD

Post by ZMAD » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:18 pm

Ahh, didn't notice the small word "Schedule" at top
All Nissans are racecars.

A.J

Post by A.J » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:04 pm

Hi , Can anyone tell me how much fuel will be needed for the day? 260z Twin carb, with lead foot driver. Will be on the track as many times as I can handle ( or as many as the old Zed can). First time for me and I have no idea on the milage of get doing this sort of thing. Cheers A.J