300zx racecar

Restores, Revamps and Repairs
martysauce

300zx racecar

Post by martysauce » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:12 pm

hi guys i have had z32s for about 7 years now, my 1st one was when i was 17 its a grey turbo manual 2+2. I then bought a red turbo auto parts car a couple years ago and early last year i bought a very tidy 1997 turbo manual in black. Anyway my grey one has been off the road for a long time while i atempt to turn it into a race car and i would like to show you guys progress along the way.
I have already done alot to the car eg adjustable suspension, hicas delete , adjustable camber arms , 3" dual straight pipe that dumps just befor the diff, 18x10 work meisters with potenza 265 semi slicks on the back (could only afford the 2 at the moment haha) sparco bucket seats, interior removed , link ecu, 2 oil coolers, i had z1 ba side mounts but i am planing on changing the intercooler set up and piping.

the engine was rebuilt a few years ago but the dodgy builder has dissaperd and that engine lasted 2500kms before it wore out so shes back to a very dirty factory engine with all the deletes ( from the red tt auto)

i will add photos when i work out how there on my phone and i dont no how to put them on my computer also please excuse my spelling it isnt my strong point.

martysauce

Post by martysauce » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:16 am

if anyone knows how to put pictures up without having to post a link to somewere else let me know. the 3" exhaust i built . dont look yo close

mikec(nz)
Z Club Member

Post by mikec(nz) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:15 pm

Might be a bit loud for some motorsport events without a muffler :)

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:04 pm

martysauce wrote: if anyone knows how to put pictures up without having to post a link to somewere else let me know.

You're on the right path tinypic.com is friendly to links unlike pinterest

martysauce

Post by martysauce » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:22 pm

mikec(nz) wrote:Might be a bit loud for some motorsport events without a muffler :)
haha yeah il end up putting some resonators in. i just was board one day and decided to try build an exhaust

martysauce

Post by martysauce » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:25 pm

this is the exhaust im not sure if the other link worked

Image[/img]
Last edited by martysauce on Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

martysauce

Post by martysauce » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:32 pm

yesturday i made up a block off plate for the idle control im deleting anything thats not necesary

Image[/img]
Last edited by martysauce on Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

martysauce

Post by martysauce » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:38 pm

im going to try relocate the balance tube to use the old holes in the plenum for the pcvs and run an8 braided line around the back of the engine so i dont need to remove it for anything to do with spark plugs or coils

Image[/img]

martysauce

Post by martysauce » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:43 pm

this is the engine bay of my daily black z32. im aiming for somthing like this but maybe a powdercoated intake and alot more room for activites

Image[/img]

martysauce

Post by martysauce » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:55 pm

this is the 300zx before what we did to it today. it has nearly zero wiring no minimal interior and no dash

Image[/img]

martysauce

Post by martysauce » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:59 pm

this is a before pic. my friend jono and i decided its time to try our 1st proper bit of fabrication and if we were going to build a racecar lets make a racecar

Image[/img]

martysauce

Post by martysauce » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:00 pm

sorry i dont no how to rotate images

martysauce

Post by martysauce » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:08 pm

this is almost how it stands now apart from ive welded some plate onto the rails by the strut towers. the wheels are just hanging there for reference the are 11.5x18s so quite big altho i probably wont be running something quite that big.

im having ago at making a removable tube front, there will be a steel tube coming off the rail next to the strut tower following were the fender mounts then cutting across to the chasis rail on each side then some bars bettwen for rad and bumper support

Image[/img]

martysauce

Post by martysauce » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:17 pm

Andy wrote:
martysauce wrote: if anyone knows how to put pictures up without having to post a link to somewere else let me know.

You're on the right path tinypic.com is friendly to links unlike pinterest
thanks for the suggestion that helped alot im not to good with computers

martysauce

Post by martysauce » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:58 pm

so today i was mucking arount with the pounting plates for the bottom of the tube front the doubled up peice is were theres a step in the chasis rail