Where Do We Get Our Bodykits From?

Restores, Revamps and Repairs
SuperFunLemon

Where Do We Get Our Bodykits From?

Post by SuperFunLemon » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:41 pm

General question for anybody who's modified their Nissan or Datsun.

I'm getting a Nissan Fairlady 350Z early next year and am already planning out mods (typical :lol:), never bought body mods before though (my current car only has performance parts and rims put on it). Just curious where people get their cosmetic body mods from, and if there are any websites I should definitely visit or know to avoid. Currently looking at www.bodykits.com

Lemme know dudes, I'm excited. Stay cool. 8)
Last edited by SuperFunLemon on Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Toyota Corolla Sprinter XE Vintage; DTM Oreos 15", K&N air filter, RPS big bored exhaust system, TRD brakes, and SAAS + Who-Rae Interior.

HasMilk

Post by HasMilk » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:26 pm

[s]Not sure if the link you posted is working anymore?[/s] Remove the dot on your link!
Luxury Sports sell a few Z parts on TradeMe but I mean a few.
In a long distance relationship with my 260z

marrow

Post by marrow » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:05 pm

take a look on upgarage or yahoo japan?

Greensheep
Z Club Member

Post by Greensheep » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:05 pm

If you are looking for locally made parts in fibre glass you could try MS fibre glass in Hamilton
It's always a good day when you drive a Z

Luxo

Post by Luxo » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:44 pm

9 times from 10 trademe body kits, spoilers, lips etc are fiberglass and pretty garbage. Look on the My350Z forums and you'll find trusted manufactures. ConceptZperformance.com is a brilliant website for ANY aftermarket part, they ship to NZ within a week. I tend not to buy from New Zealand vendors due to the much higher costs and generally lower quality parts, sadly we see a large number of cheap/inferior brands as opposed to Japanese/US made parts.

Vicrez kits are extremly strong/durable PU kits made in the US for reasonable price.
2005 350Z ST money pit.

SuperFunLemon

Post by SuperFunLemon » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:50 am

Luxo wrote:9 times from 10 trademe body kits, spoilers, lips etc are fiberglass and pretty garbage. Look on the My350Z forums and you'll find trusted manufactures. ConceptZperformance.com is a brilliant website for ANY aftermarket part, they ship to NZ within a week. I tend not to buy from New Zealand vendors due to the much higher costs and generally lower quality parts, sadly we see a large number of cheap/inferior brands as opposed to Japanese/US made parts.
Good to know, are there any tips you have for ordering parts from overseas? Currently quite uncomfortable about buying such big parts to be sent here from overseas, heard horror stories about receiving parts warped and thus useless.

(given up on duraflex and looking into stuff from www.seiboncarbon.com , opinion on them?)
Toyota Corolla Sprinter XE Vintage; DTM Oreos 15", K&N air filter, RPS big bored exhaust system, TRD brakes, and SAAS + Who-Rae Interior.

Luxo

Post by Luxo » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:16 pm

I've never ordered any bumpers/lips (yet) but every other part I've ordered from ConceptZ has arrived very well packaged and within a week of purchase date (including a full exhaust system) They also stock a tonne of OEM parts. They've definitely earned my trust.

Sebion is brilliant quality. They're held in quite high regard among carbon manufactures. Again haven't purchased anything from them. Maybe a 07-08 Z33 OEM Carbon hood one day...

If you're worried about bodywork being damaged in transit then look for quality Polyurethane bumpers instead of fiberglass. Vicrez make awesome, super durable parts. Check out this quick video to see the bumpers take a beating!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WSWw7q7tjg
2005 350Z ST money pit.

ZILVER

Post by ZILVER » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:10 pm

It is wiser to buy/fit a Genuine bodykit. The Trademe or imported knock offs are typically poor fitting and will cost hundreds more to correct and fit properly. (Luxury sports - Ive heard are poor fit / usually warped. I have seen them sell a side skirt for a Toyota Levin that dried and was packaged twisted almost 180degrees!)

If you can afford it I'd recommend looking at conceptzperformance.com. CZP also can obtain Seibon products.
I regularly do club bulk buys from them, as its far more economical to ship in bulk and I have a registered importers account that offers basic freight coverage at no additional cost.
There is a consignment in place already for my corvettes/ready to ship on the 9th September. If you want to obtain a bodykit from them now - I should be able to save about 50% off your international shipping costs by piggybacking in my container and zeros out an import fee for you.
Please email me (Nathan) nay300@gmail.com if you wish to discuss further / get a quote.