Z33 kinda project

Restores, Revamps and Repairs
djz

Post by djz » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:09 pm

Luxo wrote:I went through all that hassle in November last year. Asked for my adjustable suspension, adjustable camber and toe arms and wheels to be certified. He called me and said it'd passed on everything and congratulated me for being like the 5th car of the year to pass first go. I picked it up and took it for a WOF the following week without checking cert plate.. Next thing the WOF guy rings me and says it hasn't been certified for the suspension uhhhhhgh. It's like the Cert guy forgot to do it or there was a misprint on the tag. Rang the shops answer message 3 times and not once got a call back.
Wankers I'll be going to Timaru next.
Who did it? They usually show you the cert plate before it goes on and also give you a list of what it has been certified for when you pick it up which I think is supposed to be carried in the car.
Nissan 280ZX 2 seater RB26 powered.

ZILVER

Post by ZILVER » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:35 am

They are also suppose to photograph each modification and lodge the brand name fitted - which LTSA can check

DRFTIN

Post by DRFTIN » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:36 am

yeah surely its just forgot to put it on the plate?

i was amazed to pass first go, i was honest about the fact that it had quite a bit of toe and he didn't seem to care
tried not to come across like a boyracer idiot who wanted to sack it out bro and i think that helped

Luxo

Post by Luxo » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:22 pm

It was at Don Hoffs shop but was Ian Smith who did it. I really should have gone straight back but I live and work rurally 7am-6pm which leaves little time for this sort of thing. Was a big enough headache having it taken in in the first place, let alone paying all that money for him to leave the most important aspect out.
2005 350Z ST money pit.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:54 pm

Luxo wrote:It was at Don Hoffs shop but was Ian Smith who did it. I really should have gone straight back but I live and work rurally 7am-6pm which leaves little time for this sort of thing. Was a big enough headache having it taken in in the first place, let alone paying all that money for him to leave the most important aspect out.
Have you discussed it with him, to have it corrected? Sure the sheet they go through would have the details on? (Pardon my comments, if not up to date, been a while since last cert).
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.