My first Z (1975 260Z 2+2+V8)

Restores, Revamps and Repairs
Dapat88

Post by Dapat88 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:11 pm

Been a while since I updated this, been on Holiday the last month in Cambodia and Vietnam but managed to get a little bit done before I left.

Got bored of doing the body work so thought I would make a start on the sub-frame / suspension parts so stripped and removed the old knackered bushings (fairly easy with a blow torch and a vice) and put in some nice shiny new red polyurethane bushings and give them a lick of paint.
Pretty please with the way they turned out...

Spent way too much money on holidays so progress may be slow for a while...
Hopefully get some more work done on it in the coming weeks.

Thanks,
Dave.

bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:40 am

Great Progress. keep the pictures coming. We are always keen to see where the builds are up to.
Bernie Kant
Club President

Dapat88

Post by Dapat88 » Sun May 01, 2016 10:58 am

Well, finally got the car to a point where I can take it to the blasted, took it in on Friday morning so should hopefully get it back on Monday, will put up some picture when I get it back.
Then after that it's off the get the holes repaired and the body work done.
While all thats happening I finally have space in the garage to work on all the other bits:
Rebuild suspension, brake upgrades and start work on the interior restoration.
Going to be good!

Dapat88

Post by Dapat88 » Wed May 04, 2016 11:13 am

Picked up the shell today. Looking MUCH better all one colour and no visible rust. Turned out to look not as bad as I imagined.
Plenty please with it

But there are previous repairs which is actually where the worst corrosion has taken place. Disappointing.

So next is off to the body to shop to have all the holes sorted out. Exciting times!!