A 280Z

Restores, Revamps and Repairs
A280Z

Post by A280Z » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:10 pm

So this happened...

SSR Formula Mesh, 16 x 9 -14 and 16 x 9.5 -16

Wasn't looking for wheels but opportunity came up. They will get a bit of a tidy and centres will be painted gun metal. Have to sort tyres for them now.

Moddy
Z Club Member

Post by Moddy » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:13 pm

Lol those are waaaay cooler than your rotas ;) did they cost much? I've bin looking for sone decent width/offset old school wheels like those for a while. Nice score :)
***** Drive it like you stole it *****

A280Z

Post by A280Z » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:18 pm

Moddy wrote:Lol those are waaaay cooler than your rotas ;) did they cost much? I've bin looking for sone decent width/offset old school wheels like those for a while. Nice score :)
Didn't have to import from Japan and got them for a pretty good price so pretty happy.

marrow

Post by marrow » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:24 pm

A guy from another forum I use runs an importing business that brings containers from japan (Moonlight Racing). I'm drooling over some of the 11J watanabe wheels you can get on yahoo japan. Awesome score to find some already landed though

A280Z

Post by A280Z » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:29 pm

marrow wrote:A guy from another forum I use runs an importing business that brings containers from japan (Moonlight Racing). I'm drooling over some of the 11J watanabe wheels you can get on yahoo japan. Awesome score to find some already landed though
Yea some crazy cool stuff on yahoo auctions. Deep offset stuff is very pricey though...

disruptiv

Post by disruptiv » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:57 pm

I got some 16x9 -20 ended up costing me $50

A280Z

Post by A280Z » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:55 am

Started giving the SSRs a tidy up.They had a bit of curbing on the lips and the clear coat had pitting in places. Should have sent them off to a polisher but thought i would have a crack at doing it myself.

Split the centers and barrels

Stripped off the old clear coat with rubber stripping disc. Then jacked up the back of the datsun and used as a poor mans polishing wheel. Bolt on wheel, throw in 3rd at idle and work your way through sandpaper grades.

Stripped back the flaking paint of the centers and resprayed gunmetal. Also repainted all the cap screws black.

All done and bolted back together

Came out Ok for a rangi home job. Tyres going on this week fingers crossed.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:12 pm

It really is quite heartening to see all of you beavering away on your Zeds, and very motivating for everyone else. 8)
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

A280Z

Post by A280Z » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:33 am

A280Z

Post by A280Z » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:16 pm

SSRs...

Karljsw

Post by Karljsw » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:28 pm

Wow that's beautiful

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:14 am

Looks gorgeous! You're going to have fun cleaning those rims. :P
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

A280Z

Post by A280Z » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:25 pm

Been doing a few small things to try and get car to the track day

Made up a rear strut brace out of an old R33 one.

Car had been struggling to stay cool when in slow moving traffic this summer with the alloy radiator I had fitted so upgraded to a bigger one and added double fans. Seems to have done the trick.

I have been using a Carter fuel pump I scored from my parts sponsor Craig but it has been dying a noisey painful death. Not only did it scream when operating but it was struggling to make the required pressure. Looked at different options and decided to give a kiwi company Fuel Flow a go. Their pump seemed to match the specs I need, is well priced and is made in NZ so worth a shot. The pump runs nice and quiet and is easy to mount. Good bunch to deal with too...

Here it is compared to the old Carter

Mounted to pump bracket

Will do some driving tomorrow to see how it goes...

Karljsw

Post by Karljsw » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:22 pm

The car looks really good in that last photo!!!!

Interested in hearing of your experience with the fuel pump as I'm looking at getting one from the same company

And could I ask where you sourced the radiator from?

Cheers
Karl

A280Z

Post by A280Z » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:58 pm

Karljsw wrote:The car looks really good in that last photo!!!!

Interested in hearing of your experience with the fuel pump as I'm looking at getting one from the same company

And could I ask where you sourced the radiator from?

Cheers
Karl
Radiator is from Redline Performance in Penrose. Quality seems pretty good and does a good job of cooling.