Nissan 370Z Nismo at Hamilton Nissan office. 24-OCT

370Z
Slow Loris

Nissan 370Z Nismo at Hamilton Nissan office. 24-OCT

Post by Slow Loris » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:48 pm

Nissan 370Z NISMO can be bought from a NZ Nissan dealer.
Probably old news but was a bit surprised to see a 370Z NISMO parked at the front of the Hamilton Nissan office.
I did touch it to leave my finger print on the clear-coat. :-)
The dealer suggested a price around $75000.00
Attachments
Nissan 370Z Nismo24.jpg
Nissan 370Z Nismo24.jpg (108.06 KiB) Viewed 10792 times

Greensheep
Z Club Member

Post by Greensheep » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:20 pm

Wow thats really nice
Unicorns are hard to come by
But at 75 k it sounds cheap
I came across a nismo skyline in the Newmarket Nissan show room
Price was $300k
Could not get near it to leave my finger prints on it :(
It's always a good day when you drive a Z

Slow Loris

Post by Slow Loris » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:27 am

True, starting at NZD75,000 (confirmed) does sound like a competitive price.
Stock Nissan 370Z starts at NZD60,000 at a Nissan NZ dealer...near you....ha, ha.. :)
Nissan USA (https://www.nissanusa.com/sportscars/z-coupe/nismo) has the Nissan 370Z NISMO listed at USD45,690 (~NZD66,700 on straight conversion ~1.45)

As most(many) manufacturers head to the cross-over, it may be the case many models are being dropped and a focus on a reduced/refined model range, where a niche market is 'pimped' at the top end and standard models in that range could be ending.
Nissan sales guy indicated the Nissan sedan was being phased out in NZ for the Nissan cross-over (my interpretation/understanding), which would appear to be reflected in the Nissan NZ website which does not show any sedans (26-OCT-2017)

The Nissan 370Z NISMO does seem to be a 'packaged' car produced in some number for the "huddled masses", which may reduce the previous one-off cost of a VERY bespoke market in the past. Black or White seem to be the colours available.

I'm picking up a Triumph Daytona 675 today :D and passing the Nissan show room and'll pop in and just confirm. :-)

Update: Confirmed the price of a 2017 Nissan 370 NISMO is close as spit to NZD75,000.00
Last edited by Slow Loris on Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.

bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:50 am

I do feel that the price is very reasonable for what you are getting, but still well out of my range and most of us I would presume. Will have to wait 5 years until the imports come in. Its interesting to see what is happening to the sedan market. Everything is turning SUV, Mitsubishi have imported the last 400 Lancers into NZ. What Japanese sedans can you buy in the 3.5 liter range. I have a Honda Accord 3.5 which I love but apart from the Commodore you are only left with expensive European models. The SUV trend hasn't hit as hard in Europe, I guess mainly because they are used to smaller cars. But the choice for car enthusiasts is slowly willtering away.

What about everything becoming small turbo. When I bought my Honda I had a drive of the new Civic 1.5 Turbo, Honda tells me this is the replacement for the 2.5 Accord. The Civic interestingly had the about the same kilowatts as the 2.5 Accord. For me it was far to noisy and the performance just didn't feel right. I'm afraid the days of exciting motoring are slowly diminishing. The latest CRV was previously a 2.5 is now a 1.5 Turbo!!!!! I can see why cars like the 350Z are so popular, they are really chicken feed to buy, a 10 year old car that still looks really great, and has the performance to boot. they will live on for a long time. Give them 10 years and the survivors will be become popular, when everything else will be electric and self drive.

How about some more thought around the motoring current situation
Bernie Kant
Club President

Slow Loris

Post by Slow Loris » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:58 pm

Electric self drive is the future. Love it or hate it, is my guess.
What Mum, wouldn't want to use an application to program the car to go and pick up the kids from school.

When I was 18-25 most of the people I knew riding motorbikes were my age.
Now, many, many, many years later and it's hard to find/see 18-25 year olds riding motorbikes(600cc plus).
Some stats I've seen report the average age of a motorcyclist is getting considerably older (40 plus).

Years ago in the UK we'd laugh at anyone driving a RAV4.
Now that laughing, may turn into an awkward silence.
A lot has changed in 20years.

Guess it's hard to sell sedans these days as there's no 'excitement' created around sedans.
But... I so would a Nissan Sport Sedan [see attached picture] any day over a cross-over.

I won't be selling my 2002 350Z track (439th off the production line), but I would [also] buy an Electric self drive car as the possibilities would be endless....and totally cool. :D
Attachments
Nissan Sports Sedan.jpg
Nissan Sports Sedan.jpg (112.77 KiB) Viewed 10734 times

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:42 pm

Nice Nismo! And it will be interesting to see what performance cars are available in the future.
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

BlueZ
Z Club Member

Post by BlueZ » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:46 pm

My daughter sent me a photo of this white NISMO (she lives in Hamilton) - very nice.
And I've noticed a black one one lately creeping around Stokes Valley where I live.
However, for a 3k spend on my 2013 Z34 (which started life at the Hamilton dealer) that I bought 2 years ago for 38K it's at the same specs in terms of power output as the NISMO.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:29 pm

They do look nice in the Nismo livery. Original 370 or Nismo 370 is all good.
Next - Z Club events:

Skiwi

Post by Skiwi » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:12 pm

BlueZ wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:46 pm My daughter sent me a photo of this white NISMO (she lives in Hamilton) - very nice.
And I've noticed a black one one lately creeping around Stokes Valley where I live.
However, for a 3k spend on my 2013 Z34 (which started life at the Hamilton dealer) that I bought 2 years ago for 38K it's at the same specs in terms of power output as the NISMO.
The power output is the least impressive of the changes IMHO, its the handling improvements brought about by the suspension upgrade that lights my fire. Plus I do like the look of the 2018 body kits.

Cheers
Skiwi
When you drive a "Z" the destination is moot

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:49 pm

Might be more Z34's around when the 400 comes out, and people make the swap.
Next - Z Club events: