New Tyre Suggestions

370Z
bails74

New Tyre Suggestions

Post by bails74 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:15 pm

I have stock standard Potenzo RE050A on my new 370z. The back one's need replacing. What are some good all round (wet and dry) tyres to replace them with? Thanks.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:45 pm

bails74 wrote:I have stock standard Potenzo RE050A on my new 370z. The back one's need replacing. What are some good all round (wet and dry) tyres to replace them with? Thanks.
Not usually a good move to mix tyre treads, so it you can go a full set all round is will produce the most predicable handling, obviously depending on quality of the tyre.

http://www.goodyear.co.nz/Find-a-tyre/Overview-6400.htm
http://www.yokohama.co.nz/

Personal favourites of mine for the more modern Zeds are: Yokohama Advan Sport V103 or Goodyear F1 or Goodyear F1 GS-D3 (see if you can obtain the German GS-D3's).

There are other options out there, it's a matter of what you're prepared to spend for you and your Zeds safety.
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

bails74

Post by bails74 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:31 pm

Great, thanks for those recommendations!

Fedexpress

Post by Fedexpress » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:30 am

Hi, brought my 370z with new Altenza tyres on it and they handle OK for my Nana like driving but the tyre noise is most annoying on a long run, looked at replacements and are wondering what other members are using that are quiter, yes I know the 370z is noisy but it does spoil the joy of driving it.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:23 pm

Advan Sports were one of the recommended tyres from Nissan, and they're great tyres and not as noisy as most, and hold on really well.

Tyres are super important, but the best thing on that you can. It might save you and your zed.
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.