370Z convertible - new top

370Z
JonW

370Z convertible - new top

Post by JonW » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:22 am

I noticed a small wear patch developing on my 2010 soft top just behind the drivers window -in the process of becoming a tear. It appears to be rubbing on a sharp point of the frame underneath.

I do use (as in retract and extend) the top a lot.

Thanks to the intercession of the folks who service the car (A-Grade in Paraparaumu), Nissan NZ is replacing the entire fabric top and coming to the party with 1/2 of the labour cost.

I figure this must be a known problem. Apparently there's an instruction to alter the frame to stop it recurring.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:21 pm

JonW wrote:I noticed a small wear patch developing on my 2010 soft top just behind the drivers window -in the process of becoming a tear. It appears to be rubbing on a sharp point of the frame underneath.

I do use (as in retract and extend) the top a lot.

Thanks to the intercession of the folks who service the car (A-Grade in Paraparaumu), Nissan NZ is replacing the entire fabric top and coming to the party with 1/2 of the labour cost.

I figure this must be a known problem. Apparently there's an instruction to alter the frame to stop it recurring.
Great result Jon. And yes it is a known problem, as it was with the 350 soft tops. One of the draw backs to a soft top I guess, but open top driving on a sunny day must be worth it.
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:02 pm

Got a 2004 soft top, will check it out but haven't noticed anything yet. Car is one of two Sunday cars so doesn't get heaps of use. Drove to and back from Taupo last sunday to visit our daughter, rained part of the way there and back. Nissan has done a terrific job of weather proofing it, The only way you would know it was a convertible was by the rain making it sound like we were driving in a tent.
Bernie Kant
Club President