370Z brakes

370Z
JonW

370Z brakes

Post by JonW » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:51 pm

Hi all
Bought my 2010 NZ New 370Z back in May 14. Getting around, now, to uprating the front brake pads ahead of THE Z-Club track day. The stocks just don't inspire confidence with the very soft initial bite.
Anyway - turns out that Bronzee's friends at Race Brakes supply the brake parts for the Nissan NZ GTR and 370Z track day cars at Hampton (never knew these existed), so happily they had parts on hand, and being a Z-Club member I was offered the Nissan NZ price. Consider myself fortunate as I left it late - order placed on the 30th Jan 15 :oops:

Here's the low-down verbatim:

As mentioned we look after Nissans NZ, GTR and Z track day cars.

A ) Disc pads : Ft : Ferodo DS 2500 Compound ( High performance road / track ) $ 477 set, you $ 430
Rr : “ “ “ “ “ $ 391 set, you $ 350
B ) Disc Rotors : Ft : DBA Heat treated T3 sports $ 352 ea, you $ 316
Rr : “ “ “ “ “ $ 308 ea, you $ 277
C ) Race Fluid : 1 litre $ 72

I'll post if I like these as much as the Mintex 1166s I had in the 350Z after the track day.

cheers

Jon.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:07 pm

Those Ferodo pads should go well in the 34. They were great in the last 33 I drove with them in. We also know that those DBA rotors are an improvement over stock when pushing.

A big thumbs up for our friends and club member at Race Brakes!!!!! Especially as they're one of our Taupo Track Day sponsors again this year. :D :D 8) Was it James at Hampton Downs?
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.