:(

370Z
Osiris

:(

Post by Osiris » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:52 pm

My poor Z
Was turning right into a street, guy came through a give way and turned right into me, whammo.
Attachments
IMAG0262.jpg
IMAG0262.jpg (1.14 MiB) Viewed 4959 times
'09 370z Black

ChrisP

Post by ChrisP » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:00 pm

ouch. you ok.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:07 pm

The cabins on our 50/70's seem to generally hold up pretty well under impact, when you see some of the pics overseas. At least you're okay, even with a few bruises. At least they heal.
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

kirihi
Z Club Member

Post by kirihi » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:20 pm

Oh, that sucks! Hope you're OK. Is the car fixable?
2007 (HR) Magnetic Black 350Z Enthusiast

Osiris

Post by Osiris » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:06 pm

I'm OK just have a bruise the shape of the bolster up my side.
Car hasn't been looked at yet due to the long weekend so no idea if it too anything structural yet.
'09 370z Black

bluefish

Post by bluefish » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:34 pm

Noooo! That sucks balls. But as everyone else said, nobody got hurt so that's the biggest bonus here.

Reminds me of last New Years Eve where a teenage girl who was texting and driving managed to hit me (was my last car not my current Z34) as I was about to enter the motorway from Pokeno.

Was a bizarre set of perfect circumstances for her to hit me how and where she did. Basically, where it gets weird is that there was a red Prelude stopped directly in front of me on the apex of the on ramp to the Northern Motorway. As I came down the road I was wondering what the hell this car was doing (given that there is a large merge lane and they weren't using it). I had literally JUST come to a standstill and was about to honk my horn when I was hit by the Corolla. Heard tyres screeching but didn't even have another time to look to my right. Turns out she was texting and driving on the Motorway, veered across from the passing lane, and then careened over the Pokeno Off/On Ramp and directly into my car.

In most of the pics where you can see the front of my car, you'll see the tyre mark from my tyre. This is how far my car was moved from the impact.

Everyone was ok. Girl was more shaken than my GF and I. We were on the pivot point when hit so didn't really feel much of the impact. The driver of the other car did though. She was pretty shaken and couldn't even talk for the first 10 minutes. I had to coax her out of the car!

Where it gets crazy is that if I had been slightly more forward and she had hit the door, then going the speed she was going (approx. 80/90km/h) the damage would be more significant and I suspect I would have been slightly injured. But...if she had missed me completely, she would have gone over the embankment and into a steep gully. Quite likely would have rolled as well as she would have gained air from hitting the embankment. In her car she wouldn't have faired well at all. So it's absolute luck/fate (whatever) that she hit me (and on the strongest part of my car).

Damage to my car? $12,500! Mostly undercarriage damage. Car was off the road for 2.5 months :( Had to resort to driving my daily beater ('96 Primera) that whole summer.

Photos: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7p85p5mtzjrj ... wv7Ya?dl=0