Tyre choice -350Z.

350Z
ZZtoptipo

Tyre choice -350Z.

Post by ZZtoptipo » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:52 pm

Hi one & all, I'm after some advice re tyre choice for my 350Z. I recently bought it with Falken Azenis FK-453's. They are halfway through their life, but I am impressed with their grip and have every confidence in them in the short time I've owned the car.

The one thing I have noticed is the amount of road noise in the 350Z, and I am keen to hear from other owners if they have the same high levels, especially from the rear. Could this be tyre choice, and are there better options available that reduce the levels, but do not compromise the grip & handling? I have heard the 350Z is known for it's noise levels, and I'm okay with that but I'm keen to hear from others who may have found a quieter option? Cheers.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:49 pm

Hi one & all, I'm after some advice re tyre choice for my 350Z. I recently bought it with Falken Azenis FK-453's. They are halfway through their life, but I am impressed with their grip and have every confidence in them in the short time I've owned the car.

The one thing I have noticed is the amount of road noise in the 350Z, and I am keen to hear from other owners if they have the same high levels, especially from the rear. Could this be tyre choice, and are there better options available that reduce the levels, but do not compromise the grip & handling? I have heard the 350Z is known for it's noise levels, and I'm okay with that but I'm keen to hear from others who may have found a quieter option? Cheers.
Hello, yes, pretty common for the 350z and road noise, especially from the rear arches. Despite a fairly hefty amount of sound deadening that come stock.
Yes, certain tyres are noisier than others, but it's down to how much grip you're after. I've run fun a few different high performance tyres on my 350z. The stock Bridgestone Potenza RE040 are as noisy as anything, grip levels aren't that great & they light up the traction control all the time.
Have run a couple of sets of the German made (when still made in Germany) Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 - they were great for grip dry & wet and not too bad for road noise. Currently running Yokohama Advan Sport V103, find them out of these ones on my specific Z to be the best. Grip is amazing dry and wet, sidewall rigidity is amazing, road noise is pretty good even when pushing.

Have driven so many 350's with all sorts of tyres on them including the 453's. Found them to be pretty good for the money.

If you're in Auckland, come along to one of our meets (to be announced) and one of the show'ish events and meet some of the Zedders and have a chat, you'll learn a lot.
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

ZZtoptipo

Post by ZZtoptipo » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:08 pm

Thanks Bronzee, appreciate the guidance. It sounds like the Yoko's are a really good choice. I currently have 3mm's left on my 453's, but plan on a road trip around the North Island in summer so I will look at a new set of tyres after that. Hopefully, it will tie in with a Z club meet or event when I'm in Akld. Cheers.

bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:44 am

For joining the club: Click on "About the Club" you will find a post that is titled "Join the Club" go into that and there is a link you can go into that will allow you to fill in the appropriate forms.

Enjoy your Z.

Bernie. Membership Coordinator
Bernie Kant
Club President

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:41 pm

ZZtoptipo wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:08 pm Thanks Bronzee, appreciate the guidance. It sounds like the Yoko's are a really good choice. I currently have 3mm's left on my 453's, but plan on a road trip around the North Island in summer so I will look at a new set of tyres after that. Hopefully, it will tie in with a Z club meet or event when I'm in Akld. Cheers.
Would look at replacing those tyres soon. :wink: 3mm isn't a lot of tread, especially if you get caught in a downpour.
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

HaTtr1ckk

Post by HaTtr1ckk » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:39 pm

Going to Toyo Proxes as soon as possible. Running Dillente Thunders at the moment to suit the 30 series profile but upgrade pending.

Solaris

Post by Solaris » Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:40 am

I swapped out to Potenza RE003's, I find them quiet and they are a 220 rated compound so are also on the slightly softer side which suits me.