Air filters

350Z
07pearl

Air filters

Post by 07pearl » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:57 pm

My air filters are going to get replaced on the next service. I was thinking of installing something better than the standard paper ones. I have heard that KNs cause a problem when the filter oil gets into the throttle body or MAF sensor. I don't want to make a major change to the induction, I just want to slot in some better filters. My car is a 07 HR. Cheers.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:57 pm

Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

OMSIN

Post by OMSIN » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:51 pm

Apexi power intake

07pearl

Post by 07pearl » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:43 am

I have just installed a pair of Blitz SUS Power LM filters. What a difference! I wish I had done it earlier.

I can feel the extra power and torque, right across the rev range. The car is a lot more responsive and the induction noise is nicer too.

OMSIN

Post by OMSIN » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:42 pm

Are those the stainless steel pod filters that Blitz make? They suck at filtering out dust. Don’t think there is any proven Hp increase just by changing air filters but if you can feel it that’s all that matters

07pearl

Post by 07pearl » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:56 pm

They aren't pod filters they are the same cartridge type as the OEM paper filters. Filtering is supposed to be as good as the paper ones. They are steel mesh with a paper membrane. Yes they definitely make a difference. I went for another good drive today :)

Here is a before and after for a G37 with k&n filters... same induction set up as my HR https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf2Do9dQzn4 I think I am seeing the same kind of gains that this dyno test shows.