2003 350z OBDII?

350Z
blitz561

2003 350z OBDII?

Post by blitz561 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:31 pm

Hey guys, I drive a 2003 touring, and I've been wanting to get something going with one of those Bluetooth obd adapters, but nothing I've found works. As far as I can tell there isn't any that will work with it, But I figured id do a post just to be certain.

Alternatively, is there some way to get around it? Anything shy of actually replacing the computer anyway haha.

Cheers guys

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:17 pm

You're welcome to post on Facebook (if you use Facebook) and ask there as well. :)

www.facebook.com/ZClubNZ/
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

blitz561

Post by blitz561 » Fri May 05, 2017 9:06 pm

I managed to find something that works!

nissandatascan(dot)com (I don't have enough posts for links yet haha

The user interface is a little clunky, but it works pretty well so I'm happy! With my model, the second type is the one that works. I imagine most 350z's will use that one too :)

bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Sat May 06, 2017 8:51 am

Enjoy your car. Its great that these cars are so affordable. They are really good value for the money
Bernie Kant
Club President

sonric.rich

Post by sonric.rich » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:35 pm

blitz561 wrote:Hey guys, I drive a 2003 touring, and I've been wanting to get something going with one of those Bluetooth obd adapters, but nothing I've found works. As far as I can tell there isn't any that will work with it, But I figured id do a post just to be certain.

Alternatively, is there some way to get around it? Anything shy of actually replacing the computer anyway haha.

Cheers guys
If it's an NZ new model then there isn't anything you can do but if it is a Jap import then you should be ok.
In that you haven't found one that works suggests that it is an NZ model - NZ did not require OBDII compliance until 2006 - see post ZClub post on OBDII not reporting

OMSIN

Post by OMSIN » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:53 pm

Ive just bought one on trademe, I’ll let you know how it goes

Slow Loris

Post by Slow Loris » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:08 pm

Years ago I bought a Bluetooth ELM 327 OBDII interface.
It didn't work on 2002 Japanese import 350Z Track (Fairlady)
But it worked fine in a 2010 Suzuki Swift.
My limited research indicated the Japanese used a different code/interface, which was almost impossible to find and/or expensive.
I started looking into JOBD2 but didn't get anywhere.
I just gave up. :-(
Attachments
ODBII.jpg
ODBII.jpg (42.42 KiB) Viewed 5481 times