Daytime running lights and highflow cats on a 2005 DE

350Z
bassybeats

Daytime running lights and highflow cats on a 2005 DE

Post by bassybeats » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:50 pm

Looking at ordering some day time running lights to replace the ugly reflectors in the front bumper. Any issues with them?

Does anyone know of a seller in NZ? Also is there much difference in the DE vs the HR style for mounting? the HR ones look so much better is all.

The other thing i'm looking for is a nice set of high flow cats. Mostly for sound improvement ( performance bump is negligible from what I have read ) without a full exhaust change as it is $$ to get a full cat-back landed here. Any recommendations on brands or ones to steer clear from?

Cheers

Buster

Post by Buster » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:01 am

I am fairly sure that if you compare the reflectors closely they are a different shape and not interchangeable.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:28 pm

I know one of our Zedders had some day running lights installed on his 370, via City Nissan. Which probably won't help.
Just travelling with your headlights on dip should do the trick, worked for me.
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

OMSIN

Post by OMSIN » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:25 pm

bassybeats wrote:Looking at ordering some day time running lights to replace the ugly reflectors in the front bumper. Any issues with them?

Does anyone know of a seller in NZ? Also is there much difference in the DE vs the HR style for mounting? the HR ones look so much better is all.

The other thing i'm looking for is a nice set of high flow cats. Mostly for sound improvement ( performance bump is negligible from what I have read ) without a full exhaust change as it is $$ to get a full cat-back landed here. Any recommendations on brands or ones to steer clear from?

Cheers

All you need is a Y-pipe and any good muffler shop can run what they call, an axle back with custom piping, fairly easy - cheaper if you go for a single exit exhaust and would sound better overall. Also note that stainless steel sounds like shit