I'm not Scottish, but its enough to make my eyes water - A/C

350Z
Skiwi

I'm not Scottish, but its enough to make my eyes water - A/C

Post by Skiwi » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:08 pm

Sooo...Nissan NZ want $800 :shock: for the Discharge Line Hose Assembly available overseas here - https://www.carid.com/2004-nissan-350z- ... ing-parts/

Does anybody have a NZ recommendation for similar OEM parts?

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:48 pm

Yes Nissan has a rubber fetish, anything made of rubber they want to keep it so they charge accordingly. There are hydraulic guys around to make one custom but sometimes overseas purchase makes sense.

bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:50 pm

Can the hose guys make something up
Bernie Kant
Club President

ZILVER

Post by ZILVER » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:51 am

NZ sourced OEM is typically double the cost of usa even after shipping and tax. I still can import that with your other pieces at cost to send to compton California depo :) Cheapest solution just need to wait about 3weeks for delivery

Skiwi

Post by Skiwi » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:44 am

ZILVER wrote:NZ sourced OEM is typically double the cost of usa even after shipping and tax. I still can import that with your other pieces at cost to send to compton California depo :) Cheapest solution just need to wait about 3weeks for delivery
Yes, please do, pm sent

Skiwi

Post by Skiwi » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:23 am

A cautionary tale for other owners... This has turned into an expensive exercise all due to a lack of simple and cheap maintaince.
The air con belt obviously hadn't been replaced in ages, because when I tracked down why the air con wasn't working the belt was missing, that in itself would have been mildly annoying, but when it broke it sliced through rubber centre piece of the air con hose mounted underneath.
So for the want of a $30 belt I will now be shelling out north of $500 for a new hose, belts, new filter, re-gassing and some labour. (On examination the engine drive belt was cracked and in imminent danger of self destructing as well.)

On a side note - when I brought the car the dealer assured me the fluids had all been changed, which was correct, BUT I can't understand why the hell you wouldn't do the oil filter at the same time. It's the original (and rusty) Japanese filter.

Getting this car to a state I will be happy with is turning out to be like peeling an onion, it has many layers ðŸ˜￾

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:02 pm

Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.