2007 350z HR almost stalls

350Z
07pearl

Post by 07pearl » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:04 am

Hey guys thanks for your support so far.. the saga continues....
So the dealer wanted another go at fixing my 07. He offered me an 04 Fairlady Z as a loan car.

This was a month ago. I decided to give it a go. He delivered a nice silver 04 auto, fresh Jap import with trade plates.
I told him that I would deal with the mechanic directly. Good job I did. It turms out that the fuel dampers were never replaced. All they did was install an adjuster to increase fuel pressure on the rail.
This was a temporary fix. I only got 50kms down the road home and the fault returned. Thats why I wanted my money back...

Two new fuel dampers have been installed and the car has been thoroughly tested. It is ready to come home.
Some day soon a truck will turn up with my HR and take the DE away.
It will be interesting to compare the two. I guess I am fortunate to be able to do that.. and also very fortunate to get my special car back :)

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:32 pm

Let us know who the dealer is once its fixed and you're happy? Always tough getting good warranty on used vehicles.

07pearl

Post by 07pearl » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:44 pm

I got my car back 3 days ago. I havent seen much of it since I took ownership 7 months ago. The car dealer took FIVE months to fix a fairly cheap and simple fault: It needed replacement fuel dampers. They cost 131 bucks including shipping. They took 6 days to get here from US and 15 minutes to install. I am very pissed off that I was denied the use of my life style vehicle for so long. I missed Christmas, waitangi (my birthday)... the whole summer...I don't understand why he delayed things ... and i want compensation... where do I start?

07pearl

Post by 07pearl » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:25 pm

I am enjoying my Z... I am glad that I did not give up on it. Its a special car.. :)