Front Lower Arm bushing

350Z
NISMO33

Front Lower Arm bushing

Post by NISMO33 » Fri May 13, 2016 8:18 pm

So today I had my second WOF since ownership. I got the news today by the guy checking under the car that both Front Control Arm bushes were cracked, which is also referred to as a 'compression rod'???

The WOF was passed anyway but as a side comment on the paper it was noted that I should look into replacing it ASAP and get an alignment done well before my next WOF (yearly).

Has anyone had this experience and also what was the remedy? buy a whole new arm or just the bushing? - I ask this because the mechanic wasn't too sure whether the arm itself came as a whole or I could source just the bushing. (The workshop was fairly new and the guys hadn't dealt with a 350Z before). So they called a few people/parts shop but were getting mixed answers, some saying they needed to replace the whole arm or it's fine just replacing the bushing etc.

Here is an example of the arm I was shown under my car today, this isn't mine btw just off google:

I am currently trying to find a good place to buying a new set of the bushes (performance ones perhaps), as I am not keen on buying a whole new set of the arms.

Any feed back will be appreciated, thanks :)

agecage
Z Club Member

Post by agecage » Sat May 14, 2016 8:56 pm

Autolign in Mt wellington. They will either be able to supply you with the bush or custom make one to suit.

NISMO33

Post by NISMO33 » Sat May 14, 2016 11:31 pm

agecage wrote:Autolign in Mt wellington. They will either be able to supply you with the bush or custom make one to suit.
Okay great, will give them a visit in the next few weeks :D