06+ LED OEM Tail Lights

350Z
NISMO33

06+ LED OEM Tail Lights

Post by NISMO33 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:34 am

Hi, wanting to know if my 04 base model can fit those OEM LED tail lights that are from the 06+ models. Will it be a direct bolt on or are there there different wiring, voltage or fitment issues?

And also, while I'm at it just for future reference. Do the new headlights fit as well? Not a big fan of those tacky aftermarket ones as I'm afraid the seals and projection will not be good compared to the OEM Nissan ones.

Cheers,

Gunmetal Z

Post by Gunmetal Z » Mon May 02, 2016 7:10 pm

The 06+ taillights fit easily with little modification to the actual plugs, you just need to chissle the sides down so that they fit. and the headlights do work but i needed to have the wires reworked so that the wiring pattern matched the previous headlight pattern but its only a $80 job by a auto electrician
35th Anniversary Grey 350z - Motordyne TDX2 Shockwave exhaust , JWT popcharger, MREV2 plenum , 5/16 plenum spacer , MD ART pipes, UR Crank pulley, CE28 volk racing wheels

NISMO33

Post by NISMO33 » Mon May 09, 2016 12:42 am

Gunmetal Z wrote:The 06+ taillights fit easily with little modification to the actual plugs, you just need to chissle the sides down so that they fit. and the headlights do work but i needed to have the wires reworked so that the wiring pattern matched the previous headlight pattern but its only a $80 job by a auto electrician
Hey, thanks for the advice. Really had to chisel those plugs good as they were in reverse compared to the 06+ lights. (why Nissan?). But they fit and work just fine now. Perfect.

Also, what model do you have that you had to swap your headlights also? - come to think of it, I really do like the later model head lights, the larger lense looks better IMO.