Turbo upgrade or Refurbish?

350Z
Lance Louez

Turbo upgrade or Refurbish?

Post by Lance Louez » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:32 am

Hi there,

Looking for your expert information, I have a Nissan 1991 Z32 2 Seater slick-top VG30DETT and it is time to do a full recondition on the engine and Turbo's
Here is my Question to you

Should I go for the Mambatek $2650.00 E Bay Turbo's or get a recondition kit from E bay and refurbish my stock turbo's? I understand the Refurbish option is more cost effective option but what would you suggest?

Thanks in advance

Z32 forever

Lance L

djz

Post by djz » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:53 pm

I'm pretty sure Mambatek turbos are Taiwanese and remember that's not including GST which you will get stung with when they get into the country, you are looking at more like $3000+.

If you're in Wellington go and see this guy and ask his opinion, my personal opinion though would be to recondition/upgrade the original turbos if you aren't looking for big big power.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/services/trade ... 483438.htm
Nissan 280ZX 2 seater RB26 powered.

reliablejunkie
Z Club Member

Post by reliablejunkie » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:05 pm

I also agree with seeing Total Turbo. I bought a turbo made specifically for my engine and have been very happy with it over the last 2 years.
Someone had to make up for all the pollutants these hybrid cars are saving these days, so i cranked up the fuel pressure and let the engine roar.

1983 280ZX L20ET engine with an N42 head running on megasquirt ECU