Factory NAV SAT Screen Miracast 350z 2004

350Z
coolyo

Factory NAV SAT Screen Miracast 350z 2004

Post by coolyo » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:50 am

Hey All,

So for a while I have been on a massive project on how I can keep my custom factory nav sat screen and somehow use it as a screen. I finally found the solution after numerous amounts of research done on the net and by calling installers to see if it was possible. Most installers, even nissan dealers say it can't be done. But I have done it.
So my aim was to keep the factory screen and convert menu's to english. I am 3/4's of the way for doing custom software for this. Which it should be done by Tuesday/Wednesday next week. But by doing software I wanted to do more with it.
So I was able to miracast my phone (Android or Tablet) to my factory NAV Screen which I managed to do. From this you can stream youtube, facebook, music, gps, etc on to your factory NAV screen. Here is my setup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wr74nJuEvk

I'll be on trademe services once I get time around to code the rest of my DVD menus to convert japanesse to english conversion along with NZ Maps. Let me know if any of y'all are interested in this :)

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:57 am

Well done!!! That's really cool! Most things are possible just requires more effort.
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

coolyo

Post by coolyo » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:32 am

thanks im

HasMilk

Post by HasMilk » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:54 pm

That's epic, never thought of tapping into the firmware. Didn't even think you could!
In a long distance relationship with my 260z

bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:23 am

I am seriously impressed. I couldn't even start to think about that sort of stuff. Gosh you must be able to market and sell somersetting like that. Must be a lot of guys that would just love to upgrade their imports like that. My daily driver has a Nav and I use it all the time. Just imagine what you could with the other functions.
Bernie Kant
Club President

nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:03 am

My wife has a Nissan E52 Elgrand and having the system with English Menu would be just awesome. Best solution I can find so far is a guy in Oz who needs me to remove the navigation ecu/pc ship to him and some $2000 he will convert to English and will work with NZ radio frequencies and maps then ship back so way to $$ the wife she can put up with it.

coolyo

Post by coolyo » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:31 pm

I have now successfully upgraded my Japanese import factory nav sat system menus to english along with NZ Maps.
If any of y'all are wanting both services let me know :)
Just a few information that I will need to do the conversion on factory sats, but im 95% sure this will cover most nissans.

:)

It has taken me a while to do this, so the price won't be cheap for the conversion, expect a hefty price as this is custom software also that has tapped into your cars nav system to convert to english :)
ill be posting a vid up very shortly to show proof. I think ill be 1 of the only guys in NZ that can do this also. Price should be roughly around $800 - $1000. Depending of the systems software version of the factory nav.

PM or text me on 021 050 4096

PS. and thanks guys for all the support (;

ChrisP

Post by ChrisP » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:54 pm

what area you located in and whats the time frame on conversion?

coolyo

Post by coolyo » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:04 pm

ChrisP wrote:what area you located in and whats the time frame on conversion?
Auckland, East - Will take 24hours, so will need your car for a whole day. Where you located ChrisP?

ChrisP

Post by ChrisP » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:16 am

christchurch. just asking atm.

coolyo

Post by coolyo » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:35 am

when you make up your mind. send me up your nav system. i will program it here :D

LD

Post by LD » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:03 pm

Wow that is really impressive! Good job man. Everything could be done with love and effort :)

coolyo

Post by coolyo » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:52 pm

LD wrote:Wow that is really impressive! Good job man. Everything could be done with love and effort :)
cheers dude.

GHBrowne

Post by GHBrowne » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:37 pm

Hi Coolyo. I've sent you a separate text message as well as this reply. Great to hear you may be able to help. Please advise when you're up and running with this!

Brownie
Brownie

coolyo

Post by coolyo » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:36 pm

GHBrowne wrote:Hi Coolyo. I've sent you a separate text message as well as this reply. Great to hear you may be able to help. Please advise when you're up and running with this!

Brownie
will reply shortly mate, thank you.