new rego price

350Z
BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:56 am

Given they're all the same car, interesting to see the differences in price. Or maybe justified for those that live outside a metropolis?
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

DKNWSZX

Post by DKNWSZX » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:43 am

Andy wrote:1972 240Z $71.65, must be extremely safe :D
You will find that once your vehicle is over 40 years old your registrations drops dramatically. It was $90 a year which my father had been paying since 2010, but now his too has come right down.
Good things are worth waiting for, but great things happen at once.

DKNWSZX

Post by DKNWSZX » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:54 am

Here is a link to view what category band your vehicle falls into. Interesting to note from 75-07 all models fall under the same umbrella.

Link: http://www.acc.co.nz/PRD_EXT_CSMP/group ... 137747.pdf
Good things are worth waiting for, but great things happen at once.

kiwi303

Post by kiwi303 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:32 pm

My 1971 Peugeot came off exemption in March but mum only gave me the letter last week. Took the letter into the AA and got it put back on exemption paying only the $5.50 agency fee.

There's a bug in online exemptions, you can only exempt one while the old exemption is still active, once it's off exemption and expired it then needs to be licenced up current again, yet they have to be WOFed before you can re-licence them in order to then exempt them again. No good when it's a Project currently in unWOFable condition. But the agents at AA or the Post Shop can re-exempt them without their needing to be paid up current or WOFed. So, $5.50 up and it's back on exemption.

$111.67 is what they wanted for 12 months rego on a 1971 Pug 504 sedan.
It's now $71.65 on that site.

I got a reminder late June about my 1996 Mazda Capella. they wanted 201.29 then
On that site post July 1st it's now $198.20 A savings of $3.09!!!

Yet the Nissan Serena 1996 is only $134.95, down from near $240ish last time I had to rego it. Big difference for only a year newer and with no more safety equipment. I guess they just don't show up in crash stats as much.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:22 am

So the interesting thing will be if the tax on petrol/diesel goes up to compensate for the money they're not receiving from Registration.
Next - Z Club events:

NISMO33

Post by NISMO33 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:16 am

I called the 0800 number in regards to the ACC levy's just to inquire about the full amount I have mistakenly paid for, and whether there was any chance for me to get a refund. Unfortunately it's a no for me, according to the person I was on the phone with that it only applies to the people who have been involved in the glitch that they have had in the system if they paid online or something.

And for my 2004 350Z, he quoted me it would be $158.46 next time around for the full 12 months rego - not sure how true, but... I'll see when it comes to getting my rego next time around.

Buster

Post by Buster » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:26 am

NISMO33 wrote:I called the 0800 number in regards to the ACC levy's just to inquire about the full amount I have mistakenly paid for, and whether there was any chance for me to get a refund. Unfortunately it's a no for me, according to the person I was on the phone with that it only applies to the people who have been involved in the glitch that they have had in the system if they paid online or something.

And for my 2004 350Z, he quoted me it would be $158.46 next time around for the full 12 months rego - not sure how true, but... I'll see when it comes to getting my rego next time around.
$158.46 is only the ACC levy component. Full cost will probably be $238.45 (Z car series 1975 to 2008)
2009 onwards gets the cheaper rate it seems for Zs.

sonric.rich

Post by sonric.rich » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:25 pm

It is a hugely flawed logic statement - in fact they are doing their calculations based on the number of these vehicles/model are involved in crashes (in Australia) verses the number of them on the road.
So, the 350Z having loads of air bags, abs, etc is not taken into account. It is the fact that lots of Aussies crash their 350Z's and therefore the chance of ACC having to pay out for a Z in a crash is much more likely.

So, if you have the safest car on the planet, and there is only ever been 2 and they crashed theirs then you are the most unsafe vehicle on the road!

It is an extremely dumb way to create a "fair" system on all kinds of levels.

There's stuff all you can do about it , so it is just the cost of having a nice car.

{Just felt like a rant when I saw this post in the forum}

NISMO33

Post by NISMO33 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:08 pm

sonric.rich wrote:It is a hugely flawed logic statement - in fact they are doing their calculations based on the number of these vehicles/model are involved in crashes (in Australia) verses the number of them on the road.
So, the 350Z having loads of air bags, abs, etc is not taken into account. It is the fact that lots of Aussies crash their 350Z's and therefore the chance of ACC having to pay out for a Z in a crash is much more likely.

So, if you have the safest car on the planet, and there is only ever been 2 and they crashed theirs then you are the most unsafe vehicle on the road!

It is an extremely dumb way to create a "fair" system on all kinds of levels.

There's stuff all you can do about it , so it is just the cost of having a nice car.

{Just felt like a rant when I saw this post in the forum}
Woww... really!? and seriously?! :shock: life is UNFAIR.

harlequin2

Post by harlequin2 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:42 am

Yes, the system is based on the number of crashes vs number on the road, as stated previously. I have a Mercedes AMG C63 as well which is pretty rare and owners generally don't crash them, so the rego is less than half the 350Z! Actually, the ACC component.

ChrisP

Post by ChrisP » Thu May 19, 2016 7:59 pm

anyone see this in the Herald Car Rego Cost

checked my rego. $85 from 1st July.
really hope this is legit.

HasMilk

Post by HasMilk » Fri May 20, 2016 10:03 pm

^ Saw it this morning too, wasn't sure if it was real. Man I hope it is :lol:
In a long distance relationship with my 260z

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sat May 21, 2016 11:36 am

It was on the TV news last night with an interview with the relevant people.
Next - Z Club events:

Slow Loris

Post by Slow Loris » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:14 am

I just noted the price change for 1-JUL-2016 and only paid one month to get me past the July date as rego expired on 28-Jun.

If I check RightCar ( rightcar dot govt dot nz/rego/ ) with my Nissan 350Z car rego I'm looking at $85.59 compared to approx $250 last year.

I note the ACC levy goes from worst to the 'new' 1-JUL rating of best (Band 4M)

Be interesting to see what the cost is when it comes to parting with the folded stuff post 1-JUL-2016

Update - 20-JUN-2016

Just got my 24-JUL-2016 NZ Transport Agency Rego renew form in the mail for 2002 Nissan 350Z

12 Months $88.68

That is a huge drop from anything before this date.
I will pay it quick before they change their minds. :D

And then when I paid online the cost charged was just $85.59
Sweet.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:38 pm

Nice one!
Next - Z Club events: